Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336853 times)

Mr.Ocd

« Reply #840 on: August 27, 2021, 08:16:35 AM »
When I make a 'Furniture Section' from under Carpentry my game crashes. Any clue why?

« Reply #841 on: August 28, 2021, 01:52:25 PM »
How's the compatibility with the latest beta? :)

Tinker

« Reply #842 on: August 28, 2021, 04:40:17 PM »
See Bryguns post about 5 above, the title of this thread has changed to 3.63 ony and there is a partially compatible file not complete or tested if anyone wants to take over. I was considering coordinating a community effort though I have no time to do much, and as there was no response from anyone I gave up the idea.

« Reply #843 on: August 31, 2021, 06:07:29 PM »
Playing on 3.63 and v128 BAC.
What determines the quality of a created arrow? Even when I use "fine" arrowheads (tried both bone and stone) and shafts (tried both branch and board), the arrows end up more often than not as either rough or curved, with the odd ones being decent.
Also, this endeavour apparently doesn't level any skills? I spent like a week of in-game time preparing arrows yet none of my skills saw increase.

Tinker

« Reply #844 on: September 01, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »
All the fletching items use carpentry skill but many have penalties applied to the skill, up to 50%.

So a high carpentry skill is the main determining factor for creating the components and the arrows, it could be the penalties are set to prevent grinding your skill by making a few dozen arrows, the reason is not documented in the mod. Making less than decent arrowheads and shafts is easy to do and making arrows from poor quality parts is going to give a lot of poor arrows, but even curved arrows will help improve your bow skill.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #845 on: October 10, 2021, 06:25:54 AM »
Is anyone taking over development of this? I find it critical to really truly enjoy the game, so I'm really hoping someone is.

Tinker

« Reply #846 on: October 10, 2021, 09:52:39 AM »
I did offer to coordinate updates but it seems nobody was interested in helping. I am working on a version update but it will take some time as I have 3 other projects that I am working on and urw mod was waiting for the final release version before doing much work. You could try Caethan's UnReal World self-sufficiency mod, much of BAC is based on it and there is a recent update for a beta version.

GrimmSpector

« Reply #847 on: October 11, 2021, 04:56:32 AM »
I did offer to coordinate updates but it seems nobody was interested in helping. I am working on a version update but it will take some time as I have 3 other projects that I am working on and urw mod was waiting for the final release version before doing much work. You could try Caethan's UnReal World self-sufficiency mod, much of BAC is based on it and there is a recent update for a beta version.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I am very much unfamiliar with modding for this game, but if you'd like to get in touch and give me an idea of what's needed for help I may be able to provide some level of assistance. Definitely not able/willing to do it on my own though, I won't live up to this legends rep.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #848 on: October 21, 2021, 06:09:09 PM »
I haven't been involved in UnReal World much in the past couple years but I am sorry to hear the mod is not being actively developed at this time.  I used it a lot and had fun helping with debugging, minor though my contributions were. 

I certainly understand that real-world issues can intrude and I wish the best of luck to Brygun.  This mod is a real inspiration.

If development is going to continue I'd be happy to lend a hand with debugging now and then.  I have minimal programming experience but a good bit of experience in UnReal World modding and mod debugging. 

Atarantir

« Reply #849 on: November 21, 2021, 11:12:14 PM »
Any Plans for updating for 3.71 version? If you need founding ;) perhaps we can help

Coidzor

« Reply #850 on: November 24, 2021, 07:05:50 AM »
It sounds like the biggest thing for updating to 3.70 is to just get the cordages in all of the recipes and such consistent with the vanilla baseline, right?

Is it know what has changed between 3.70 and 3.71 that would affect mods?

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 25, 2021, 04:40:36 AM »
3.70 to 3.71 is 4 bug fixes, see Dev news. No changes in crafting or building mentioned. Should NOT affect mods.

Arimon

« Reply #852 on: December 10, 2021, 11:37:32 PM »
Hi! I updated the BAC mod to 3.71. New thread:

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6632.0

@Brygun I dont rly plan to take over, I just want to give life support for now, because I rly dont want this project to die. If you ever decide to come back, I will happily hand it over back to you!

TiasDK

« Reply #853 on: February 14, 2022, 09:42:42 AM »
Does the Lumber Pack frame work on it's own, or do I have to wear it?

Brygun

« Reply #854 on: February 17, 2022, 10:55:20 PM »
This thread is for older version of the game with the ongoing BAC community over at:

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6632.0

Does the Lumber Pack frame work on it's own, or do I have to wear it?

My vague memory is that this was mainly a decorative piece and not having game code functions. Ideally it would make carrying things easier. The game effect is only to add a bit of weight you carry. The purpose was more a role play one to explain how the character is able to carry all the many things especially for those coming from no-equipment starts making a carrier.

anything