Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336758 times)

santur_bard

« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
Dip net:
When trying to make a dip get I get the message '(1) you need dip net can scoop ores or fish' canceled
Lake ore:
dip net not working so no.

Bog iron?
in 'Mining and more' I have
1 scoop lake ore
2 harvest mountain bog ore
3 harvest cliff bog ore

Allthe mountains I find are surrounded by heathland or conifer forest :(

Winter is arriving, navigating is becoming harder....

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #376 on: November 14, 2019, 07:48:12 AM »
It is a hard find, but there are cliffs and mountains near mires + bogs.  Just takes adequate searching, much as it must have been hard to find native bog iron.  If it's too hard, you can always edit the files to make it gatherable in any mountain

I have a different question - I am trying to make fibre to create cordage, the mod seems to be telling me "Sheet of alder bark doesn't work as willow or alder bark!"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:50:33 AM by Dungeon Smash »

Brygun

« Reply #377 on: November 15, 2019, 11:00:55 PM »
Graphics for apple users still needs to be looked at.

>>>>

santur_bard try exploring northward. There is a lot of mires up there. You might be in the pleasant south.

>>>>

Dungeon Smash: sounds like a wild card needs to be inserted in the recipe line "*alder bark" for instance might fix it.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2019, 08:34:21 AM »
or possibly just "*bark*"?  Is there any non-willow non-alder form of bark?

Brygun

« Reply #379 on: November 18, 2019, 12:17:54 AM »

there is now, Saami added proper birch bark harvesting

Kazamar

« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2019, 08:04:45 PM »
Hi there, I'm pretty new around here, but is there still a version of this that works with the free version 3.52? I seem to only be able to find the one for 3.60.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #381 on: November 24, 2019, 04:39:39 AM »

there is now, Saami added proper birch bark harvesting
Ah, i see.  Perhaps you can help me clarify - I'm having trouble conceptualizing how cordage is formed at this point, with the new tying equipment system and everything.  How exactly does one peel bark from an alder and turn it into cordage?  what are the steps?  And, with birch?

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #382 on: November 24, 2019, 04:44:46 AM »
Ok, I found out the chain for making alder bark cordage.  Right now, I don't think it works as intended - the recipe calls for *-bark*, but it should be *bark*.  This makes the recipe work with Sheet of Alder Bark.  It takes 2 Sheets of Alder Bark currently to make 7 fibers, which I'm not sure is intentional or not?   Also, it may work with birchbark as well, not tested yet. 

After that, the fibers can be combined into Twisted Cord the same as in the last version.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #383 on: November 24, 2019, 05:01:12 AM »
Birch bark strips do not work for the bark fiber recipe described above - birch-bark strips must be harvested from trees using the Timbercraft skill, and then use the recipe "Birch-bark rope" under "Tying equipment"

Brygun

« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2019, 01:31:33 AM »
oof

Im hopefully moving soon so things are a bit crazy to get back into the modding mindset

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #385 on: November 30, 2019, 09:49:07 AM »
I hear ya - I often lack the time even to play, much less mod!

I have been messing around with the new version and new mod recently however, just fyi: birch root recipe currently produces 15 feet of birch root cordage each time, it might be better if it were more like 5?

BoogieMan

« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2019, 08:04:33 PM »
Super spiffy mod, it's going to take a good bit of time to absorb it all. I do have two questions though.

What are the easiest and earliest ways to get "fiber" for making arrows? Are there any arrows that you can make using very basic cordage like withes, or even cords from furs?

Can anyone advise on what the more straight forwards things you can make with this mod that will work well for a trade good?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:35:08 PM by BoogieMan »

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2019, 10:48:36 PM »
Easiest way to get fibres is to peel bark from trees and process it with a knife.  Because of new changes in the main game, this cannot be done in the winter any more.  There is a bug in the mod currently (or at least i think it's a bug), in the recipe for "Fibres from bark" you need to change
*-bark* to *bark*

Brygun

« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2019, 06:29:25 PM »
Im still floating around. Haven't been on UrW in months though.

As Dungeon Smash has been explaining the fibre section needs some care.

The mod itself is a collection of many other modders beside myself. Their mods being made at various times under various version of UrW. In general Im happy when new versions of UrW that absorb or even interfer as it means the ideas for the mods are now getting into the base game. Occasionally a new big idea like having length on cords and ropes.

It does mean that I have to get into the coding mindset to dissect and reintergrate what was often coding done by someone else.  :-\ Not always on the top of my list to do.

Real live I have been supposed to move since June but its been complicated by a key figure, other than myself, having been in the hospital for months. Every few days we give a go at sorting all this out but something comes up and it takes a week to setup to try again. The mental fatigue has been quite draining as I am basically living hostel style with a tablet and not a regular computer.

Ive been hoping to get into the new place, ship in my computer and wide screen from storage, and then play re-coding with the BAC. I did pull it off for the cordage rework.

Anyway... thats my bit of whine.

Brygun

« Reply #389 on: December 14, 2019, 07:07:22 PM »
Update:
Minor attempt at fibre from bark fix, untested.

Brygun, whine less code more.

Ive attempted to incorporate what Dungeon Smash suggested.

Havent tested it yet.

There is also a tweak to the Bark Bandage and that needs testing. *-bark* to *bark*

>>>

PS...

Helpers reporting needed recipe changes can you also include which file to look in. BAC has quite a lot of files in it now.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:10:02 PM by Brygun »