Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336662 times)

Brygun

« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2019, 01:48:06 AM »
Update for 3.61

I think the only issue is the need to incorporate the new "fence gate"

still also looking for feedback on the recent *bark issues for making ties for arrows and the bark bandage

Dynggyldai

« Reply #391 on: December 19, 2019, 07:07:35 PM »
Greetings, tribesmen!

In the "diy_BAC_Tying_Equipment.txt" file, plant-based cordage recipes mention plant fibres (duh), but I don't see how the game or the mod identifies  fibres. Could you please tell me, in which game file is such an entry? Maybe it is hardcoded in the newest version?
I have made a few simple working recipes, so I know the basics about diy, biy, etc. glossaries and menudef files, but I cannot find the answer this one. I would like to know this because I would like to make custom plant fibre-based cordage recipes for fun.

Brygun

« Reply #392 on: December 20, 2019, 10:39:24 PM »
Greetings, tribesmen!

In the "diy_BAC_Tying_Equipment.txt" file, plant-based cordage recipes mention plant fibres (duh), but I don't see how the game or the mod identifies  fibres. Could you please tell me, in which game file is such an entry? Maybe it is hardcoded in the newest version?
I have made a few simple working recipes, so I know the basics about diy, biy, etc. glossaries and menudef files, but I cannot find the answer this one. I would like to know this because I would like to make custom plant fibre-based cordage recipes for fun.

Plant fibres for are made from bark so they are in the barkware file diy_BAC_Barkware.txt

Arethgif

« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2019, 06:13:48 AM »
Thank you for all the effort to compile and maintain this mod.  It has greatly improved an already wonderful game experience and is much appreciated.

In the Weaving submenu, when trying to "Shred Linen for Yarn", neither the Primitive nor Advanced Spindle and Distaff work as a Spindle and Distaff.  URW v3.52 and BAC mod v059.   Is there something I'm missing?

Brygun

« Reply #394 on: December 28, 2019, 07:18:26 PM »
Update, minor fix

This sounds familiar... 

{*Spindle and Distaff}

is the fix.

In this update. It really only changes the diy_BAC_weaving.txt file

Arethgif

« Reply #395 on: December 29, 2019, 02:53:17 PM »
Thank you for the quick response.  I think I found another.  In the carpentry section, creating a Furniture Section actually results in a Furniture Shell, due to [NAME:Furniture Shell], which isn't usable in any of the carpentry recipes.

Edit:  In the toolmaking section, when I tried to make a dip net while not near a slender trunk, it told me I needed a 'Dip net can scoop ores or fish', which was a bit confusing.  I moved that comment to the bottom of the recipe and then the message indicated I needed a Slender trunk.

.Dip net. "Fishing rod" [effort:0] [phys:hands,one-armed] *CARPENTRY* /2h/
{Slender trunk}      [remove] [noquality]
{Branch}   (2)   [remove] [noquality] '+as spreaders'
{Cloth}      #4#   [remove]         'Net of cloth, fur or leather'
{*cord}      (1)   [remove] [patchwise]      'Cord'
{Axe}<Carving axe>
{Knife}<Small knife>
[WEIGHT:8]
[PRICE:0]
[TILEGFX:bc-dipnet]
//  'Dip net can scoop ores or fish'
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:15:16 PM by Arethgif »

Brygun

« Reply #396 on: December 31, 2019, 02:26:17 AM »
Update

minor

Bug fixes for dip net and furniture section/shell as recently reported

Well done on mentioning which BAC file/menu to look at. Knowing that makes these a real quick fix.

I believe "furniture shell" was the original modders phrasing and I had decided locally to call it "furniture section" for linguistic reasons

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #397 on: January 06, 2020, 05:05:39 AM »
Hello Brygun!  Been having a good chance lately to try out the newest version of the game along with your esteemed mod.

Sorry to hear about your real life troubles - i hope the holidays have treated you well, and I hope you know i hold your work in the highest regard.

So far all is going smoothly.  One thing I will suggest - currently the recipe for "Stone adze axe" (found under diy_BAC_toolmaking) requires "Rope", which I think might be a little much under the new nomenclature.  I don't actually have any rope to test with at the moment, but I think it probably requires 15 ft of rope.  I would suggest changing it to instead perhaps 5 or 10 feet of Cord, since nowadays rope is harder to come by and I think cord would probably do the job.  Anyway, that's what I've changed to but you're welcome to make your own decision.

Thanks again my friend, hope you are doing well, and I'm loving all the good work that's been put into this mod.

Brygun

« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2020, 06:55:04 PM »
Update a few post down

Rope length set to =5= for two (2) recipes under tool making. Stone axe and stone adze didn't specify a length so it defaulted to 15 ft. As per the very reasonable suggestion by Dungeon Smash they are set to use 5 ft to tie the stone head to the handle.

Again, thanks for mentioning the specific file to look into.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:19:59 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2020, 07:13:08 PM »
oh I left it as rope... it should change to cord.

Ill fix that in a jiffy

Brygun

« Reply #400 on: January 08, 2020, 07:21:06 PM »
Update

included the change from rope to cord for the stone axe and stone adze axe

Hopefully this was done quick enough no one had downloaded the v070 as Ive reused that number

edit
I used {Cord} rather than {* cord} so it will be easier. Those stone tools are the starters afterall.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:56:06 PM by Brygun »

StefanPravda

« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2020, 03:06:47 PM »
Quick question, the forum doesn't have a search in thread function, does this have wood stacks? Or should I use the wood stacks mod in conjecture with this? Thank you

EDIT: Also, the installation instructions are ambiguous.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 06:11:55 PM by StefanPravda »

Brygun

« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2020, 11:24:02 PM »
Quick question, the forum doesn't have a search in thread function, does this have wood stacks? Or should I use the wood stacks mod in conjecture with this? Thank you

No wood stacks in BAC

There are IIRC 2 first level menu letters left to be used for integrating personally chosen mods.

Brygun

« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2020, 11:49:06 PM »
EDIT: Also, the installation instructions are ambiguous.

Always fair for a user to raise a concern. Been modding so long its just second nature for me to install and update it. Did go and do a check.

"Install directions are in the Readme BAC mod.txt file" has been added to post 1.

There are instructions there already. I did rewrite them separating some into a few smaller steps.

As this is just an update to a readme I don't feel that by itself it warrants a new version of the BAC. The updated instructions should automatically go through in the next update, whenever that is.

For those really needing them the install instructions are now:

Install Instructions

Recommend backing up your game files.

Note: As the diy_glossary core file (and possibly others) will change this will likely fail a Steam check of the game's installation.

1) download the BAC zip

2) unzip the BAC files to its own directory

3) Locate your Unreal World directory, such as by using Steam's show local files. Tip: you may  want to a shortcut to it.

4) It is a good idea to store the biy, diy and cookery glossary files.

5) BAC will have to overwrite a few files so really should back these up and any steam auto-update will affet these files:
biy_glossary.txt
diy_glossary.txt
cookery_glossary.txt

4) Copy the BAC unzipped files and subdirectories into your Unreal World directory. You should see a question to overwrite the diy_glossary (and maybe others) that is to be allowed.

6)In the process the BAC truetile subfolder contents should copy into the Unreal World truetile subfolder.

Special:
As of this writing modders have limited intereaction with the "build" menus so a work around is needed to allow multiple versions of doing a similiar thing.
The boff_biy_XXX files are meant to be activated when needed then turned off again. This is due to how overlapping recipes currently work. To activate rename the file to remove the "boff_" portion of the name. To store the file rename and restore the the "boff_".

Be sure to report any bugs or issues on the forums so we can all share in their resolution

StefanPravda

« Reply #404 on: January 26, 2020, 05:27:39 PM »
Update

An issue was reported on making a fishing net. Looked into it and birch-bark was made using other conventions. Reviewed the overall recipe. Found other possible concerns. Fixed same.

>>>>

.Net.          [effort:1] [phys:hands]         *HIDEWORKING*   /8h/
{Tying Equipment}        (20)    [remove]      '+cord, fibre or other for net'
{Slender trunk}   (2)    [noquality] [ground]    '+to support tying'
{*Birch-bark*}   #2#   [remove] [noquality]   '+to make floats'
{Rock}        (4)    [remove] [noquality]   '+sinker weights'
{Rock} (6) [ground] [noquality] '+additional tying weights'
{Knife} <Small knife>
[WEIGHT:10]
// Excess weight because of working time constraints
// BAC: Change birch-bark line for compatibility
// BAC: Tying Equipment used to allow primitive sources
// BAC: Number # cord reduced to closer match weight (was 40)

The additional tying weights string is too long and can't be read, while it's also a bit ambiguous.

Also, thank you for the answer for some reason I did not get a notification, I just saw it, sorry.

anything