Topic: [to 3.63 only] Community mod BAC: Smith, Cooking, Survival, Carpentry, Sewing  (Read 336805 times)

Brygun

« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2019, 09:06:47 PM »
 :o

We past 10,000 views for this thread. Almost 11,000.

Just another 6,000 to go to tie with the self sufficiency mod, which is a predecessor to this mod.

Brygun

« Reply #286 on: June 12, 2019, 03:44:57 AM »
Routine visit by mod wrangler.

All appears well.

Thanks to all the content contributors, those making bug reports, suggestions and support. Glad to see, or rather I assume, things are running well.

popopop1279

« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2019, 01:45:43 AM »
I absolutely love the mod, made the entirety of unreal world x100 better. But I seem to be having a issue with Lamellar rerebraces. All the other Lamellar armor crafts fine, but for Lamellar rerebraces it doesn't recognize that the steel Lamellar pieces are for crafting it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/FtMdViX

Edit: I put the wrong imgur link
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:25:48 PM by popopop1279 »

Brygun

« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2019, 03:59:29 AM »
Update minor

Fix to Lamellar Rerebrace

Recipe was missing the * at the start of the Lamellar line

Ukhata

« Reply #289 on: June 27, 2019, 10:28:38 AM »
hello, is there a complete list of things added or new possibilities for this mod?
or a wiki for this mod?

thanks in advance!

Brygun

« Reply #290 on: June 27, 2019, 03:56:55 PM »
hello, is there a complete list of things added or new possibilities for this mod?
or a wiki for this mod?

thanks in advance!

Not at this time.

It does add a lot (tm). This being that it draws in the work of several major and several minor modder's works as well as my own. Hence "Brygun and Community" = BAC mod.

As the focus was crafting things like the Shaman mod weren't included though on the forums someone has mentioned achieving a merge. A few (3 IIRC) first menu slots were left available for including other mods for those wanting to customize things.

If you download and unzip to an alternate directory you can browse through the mod recipes as Unreal World does those all in text files. A look of the .diy file names gives a list of topics which is pretty extensive.

Bard of Prey

« Reply #291 on: June 27, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »
Hey there.  I made this by re-colouring your bloomery, so it seemed only fair to share it in case you have a use for it...

Brygun

« Reply #292 on: July 02, 2019, 04:33:58 PM »
Update

Minor

Switches new kiln builds to use Bard of Prey's graphic submission.

Note with how UrW manages builds existing kilns will still see the old graphic. The file pointer is assigned to the item instance at the time of creation.

Privateer

« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2019, 06:48:13 AM »
Shutter on north wall by the NE corner was fine (running east to west) until I built a regular North Wall right beside it, now it's turned north to south

@MattHatter42 Not sure why you posted that here, but;
This is a known 'feature' of a shutter wall. The wall does not know which way to face. Once you build floor/ceiling it will snap to the correct orientation.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

MattHatter42

« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2019, 10:56:10 AM »
Sorry about that, I'm a newb
BTW, you have a duplicate of ROAD building, one in biy_glossary, the other in biy_BAC_Standard

Brygun

« Reply #295 on: July 05, 2019, 06:11:42 PM »
Thanks Privateer

Obligatory please post base game bugs in the other places where Saami will see.

MadHatter42 observations are correct. Extra road recipe commented out.

Bard of Prey added to contributor's list

ptr987

« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2019, 12:42:45 AM »
Thank you so much for this mod!  I used various mods years ago when I played Unreal World and now I'm back playing and love the game even more, especially with this mod included.  I really like roleplaying a character and this mod allows a lot of playstyles to be distinct, while keeping everything compatible with one another.

On that note, I've been hankering to play a Woodworker that also learns how to hunt and live with the wild.  Your work and some of your comments in the forum inspired me to try my hand at modding for it.
 I've finished my own Woodworking profession mod of BAC, changes to prices as they were priced in torches instead of squirrel hides (most stuff got a lot less valuable), used the final two menus to add a Woodworking and Carving menu, and made the bow making process detailed and longer - like drying wood for a hardwood longbow and using a tiller, as well as adding steps like some of the other crafts have.

I couldn't figure out how to make some of the more important things for a woodworker work like making and trading basic iron age furniture and carvings; some of it is also based on providing carved or fancier items for richer folk who want to show off social status.  It didn't seem right that the furniture would just sit in inventory or be dropped if it was heavy enough, wherever they were, so I made tokens for each piece that had the value on it.  Now a woodworker can drop furniture for the villagers in a house and then trade the token for the goods, so the villagers actually 'use' the furniture.  This obviously takes a little imagination and roleplay as it could be abused but I've played a few hours and had a lot of fun.

No way I would've tried doing it without your work!

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #297 on: July 24, 2019, 04:09:07 PM »
Pretty interesting! Could we get a look at the woodworking code? I've been messing around with some similar stuff myself.

Brygun

« Reply #298 on: July 24, 2019, 08:09:00 PM »
Thank you so much for this mod!
No way I would've tried doing it without your work!

Thanks!

Like yourself I got inspired by others, like Rain and Endive. Saami's Unreal World engine is pretty easy for modding. I've always encouraged others even if that means competition for my own mod. BAC isn't just mine though. Its full of many people's work.

The only big limitation is the number of menu slots. Hence some things need to be a little simpler for a broad mod like BAC. The tillering of the bow for instance. I've heard of doing that though not done it myself. Its something that a more specific aimed mod could include. The clinkered boat for instance in the BAC has connections to dozens of production steps, like tools with their own production needs.

Would it be all right to add your chair and closest graphics into BAC? The closet to cover the piles of things is handy though IIRC there is a trunk in BAC along those lines. I like having variety and some "next level improvements" for long term characters.

ptr987

« Reply #299 on: July 25, 2019, 01:30:39 AM »
Pretty interesting! Could we get a look at the woodworking code? I've been messing around with some similar stuff myself.
Of course.  I'll upload it all tomorrow as I've tweaked it a bit as I played, making it a bit better.  I'm sharing it so the community can have it and have fun, as my way of giving back for the great modding I've enjoyed.

Thanks!

Like yourself I got inspired by others, like Rain and Endive. Saami's Unreal World engine is pretty easy for modding. I've always encouraged others even if that means competition for my own mod. BAC isn't just mine though. Its full of many people's work.

The only big limitation is the number of menu slots. Hence some things need to be a little simpler for a broad mod like BAC. The tillering of the bow for instance. I've heard of doing that though not done it myself. Its something that a more specific aimed mod could include. The clinkered boat for instance in the BAC has connections to dozens of production steps, like tools with their own production needs.

Would it be all right to add your chair and closest graphics into BAC? The closet to cover the piles of things is handy though IIRC there is a trunk in BAC along those lines. I like having variety and some "next level improvements" for long term characters.
Absolutely, everyone involved has my heartiest thanks.  Privateer especially, as the big menu mod made all this stuff possible.

My intention is to give variety and 'next level' feeling for a long-term woodworking character.  The furniture process takes a number of steps and uses the wait periods similar to other stuff, with wood drying, selection and then preparation before working it into a furniture shell.  Each step takes a bit, as some require time for planning, glue to set or linseed oil to dry.  I combined most of the process in one way and then diverge it at the final step so all the furniture can share the preliminary menu items.  The mod uses a lot of stuff from BAC so I can't foresee it being a standalone at all (you need glues, and flax for linseed oil as well as borrowing some graphics that work for stuff like the primitive sanding tool.)  It has two new menus - Woodworking and Carving - so it should be some sort of add-on that people can use for woodworking characters.  I've only added two items directly to the Carpenter menu.  The bowyer menu on BAC has plenty of space even after I've added a number of items to it so that's where I'll tinker around next, like adding a hunting bow and some higher tier variety stuff.

There are a few 'tokens' that are supposed to represent woodworking jobs that a woodworker would do in the iron age, like carving handles and doors, which cannot really be represented in the crafting menu.  They're between 4 - 6 squirrel hides and take a while, with a wait time at the end - to represent staying in the place and doing touch-ups to the work.  It's a similar value to some of the stuff on the carving menu.  If anyone has any idea of a way to do that better it'd be great.

As far as graphics I've done a chair, table, closet, shelves, a dining set (for sale), woodworking tools and tiller graphic so far.  I'll be adding in bed, stool and various graphics for the stages of woodwork for furniture.  I'll do some for bowyer as I get to them.  Any of them I do anyone are free to use as they wish for mods.  I'll upload them in the zip with the text files.

anything