Topic: Gaining fisherman's luck  (Read 6510 times)

udAL

« on: November 02, 2018, 02:16:08 PM »
In the game it says:
You get a good catch if you step in the punt backwards and launch it in the water backwards.

I don't seem to find a way to perform it. I should get a message right?
I tryed:
- Stepping into a punt on the floor next to the water backwards and continue entering the water backwards on the punt
- Stepping into a punt on the floor next to the water backwards grabbing it and throwing it into the water

Do you know ho to perform it?

PALU

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 03:37:39 PM »
The way I did it with a character that had that ritual was to have the punt on the ground next to water, the paddle in hand, and move backwards onto the punt, and then further backwards out into the water (the paddle in hand and punt underneath should cause you to launch the punt (and you) out onto the water backwards.

udAL

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 03:53:54 PM »
Oh! So I think I did it right..
Did you get a message for completing the ritual?

PALU

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 06:19:53 PM »
No, but I don't get any messages from any other rituals either, apart from the general sacrifice one.

Tom H

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
Palu- The Bear Skull spell gives a response, too.

PALU

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 11:08:07 PM »
I stand corrected...

caethan

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 06:16:11 PM »
One way I've tested ritual requirements is to start a new character that has the ritual (can require a lot of randomization) then start the first game course up to the point where you're required to use a ritual.  You'll know you completed it successfully because the game course completes.  If you save the game files right before you can experiment a bit to see the exact requirements.

Bedlam

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 04:30:02 AM »
One way I've tested ritual requirements is to start a new character that has the ritual (can require a lot of randomization) then start the first game course up to the point where you're required to use a ritual.  You'll know you completed it successfully because the game course completes.  If you save the game files right before you can experiment a bit to see the exact requirements.

A true scientist in our midst. Never thought of that method, it would allow someone to conclusively prove that rituals are really real in-game and not just a trick on our imagination by the devs.  ;D
URW cooking overhaul - the Njerpez Cookery Mod v1.01!
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=1106.0