Topic: Mod related suggestion  (Read 4350 times)

Nydxz

« on: August 06, 2018, 05:43:59 PM »
 First of all, Hello, am new to the forums. ;D

I was looking yesterday at the mods for Unreal World and a few tutorial of how to do it. The modding is pretty simple and easy, which is very good, but, it lacks some organization to say the least. I had installed some mods and spent about 3 hours only to change the submenu keys, file by file. I think if we could have an separated folder for both mod script/text and sprites, it would make everyone's life much easier. Also for uninstall a mod.
Edit: (Yes, I didn't even finished and I already have and edit, figures) Separated folders for subject sprites? (npcs, pc, animals, objects, weapons... that sort of stuff that makes game files easier to track)

Other thing that I'd like to see would be an player/npc/animal state file that allowed to attach different sprites to them. Let's say checking cloths being worn and weapons. (That shouldn't be hard, I think.) Thus allowing every person who plays the game being able to add let's say, a sprite rendering your character using that bear cloak you just made and what to show. Or that big badass battleaxe you just brought... Or even displaying injuries on an animal with sprites.

I think that's all. From my limited modding knowledge point of view, with those two things we could do basically anything with the game, and even help the developers some. (new items and stuff with new sprites, and new sprites for the pc/npc's/animals that they could use)

Thank you for reading my daydreams and feel free to bash me to death if you think this is stupid an stupid suggestion.  :)

Edit: I almost forgot... I'd like to have acess to the default behavior of the cultures towards other cultures. Let's say, how the Kaumo culture reacts to a Kiesse traveller. (maybe they don't like each other, maybe they raid each other... Maybe I want them to hate each other... Maybe I just want to make a new culture of my own and be hated by everyone :D)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:51:14 PM by Nydxz »

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »
Two things;
If you are on windows,
I've not tested on v3.51

https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=67.0
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Nydxz

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »
 Thank you Privateer, btw, loved your bees and mead mod, because there is no culture that doesn't have alchoolic beverage of some sort. (They say that the spirits like mead)

I've tested it on v3.51, unfortunatelly it's not working. :-\

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 11:11:16 PM »
I just re-tested the mod loader in v3.51 and steam v.3.51 game files, it works fine.

Not sure about the English months.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:12:55 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Nydxz

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 11:53:02 PM »
 Sorry, my mistake. I've take another look at the way the mod works and found out a misplaced line on the modlist.txt
it works perfectly as of 3.51

Thank you again Privateer.