Topic: Food quality?  (Read 8846 times)

ModernNorseman

« on: June 13, 2018, 07:28:39 PM »
Hi guys

I'm currently doing some modding with food. Is there a modding parameter that makes the output of a cooking to be the same quality always? In other words - how can I get rid of something being "tasty", "bland", and whatnot?

Thanks in advance :)

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:38:48 PM »
The parameter is [noquality]
The usage for cooking would be like this;

Code: [Select]
.Flatbread. (5)     *COOKERY* [noquality]  /45/ %30% |-1| :148: 
{Flour}     #0.5#   [remove] [roast]  [name]
{Water}     #0.25#  [remove]
{Seasoning} #0.15#  [remove] [roast] [optional]
[TILEGFX:it-flbread]

This will produce "decent" level product(s) and remove the descriptive text ie: bland, tasty etc.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 07:42:55 PM »
The parameter is [noquality]
The usage for cooking would be like this;

Code: [Select]
.Flatbread. (5)     *COOKERY* [noquality]  /45/ %30% |-1| :148: 
{Flour}     #0.5#   [remove] [roast]  [name]
{Water}     #0.25#  [remove]
{Seasoning} #0.15#  [remove] [roast] [optional]
[TILEGFX:it-flbread]

This will produce "decent" level product(s) and remove the descriptive text ie: bland, tasty etc.

Beautiful! Wasn't sure if it was limited to crafting only, and not cooking. Thank you so much.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:42:14 PM »
I've tried with the the [noquality] parameter included right after *COOKERY*  - however, it still produces results that give bland, tasty and so on. Can anyone confirm that the parameter actually works for food, and not just crafting?

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 09:40:26 PM »
 Sorry if my information was wrong, I will follow up
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »

Hey Privateer. Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Nydxz

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 03:06:02 AM »

Question, would you mind to share with us the very item you're trying to make? I suspect it have the spoilage parameters on, that will make the food bland after x days and spoiled after that.
 That's my guess, the item code would be very helpfull

Privateer

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 03:12:18 AM »

Sorry I've not thought about it in some time. I can't think of a practical way to accomplish it.
Mods:

ModernNorseman

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 08:26:32 PM »

Question, would you mind to share with us the very item you're trying to make? I suspect it have the spoilage parameters on, that will make the food bland after x days and spoiled after that.
 That's my guess, the item code would be very helpfull

It's not a specific food item as such, it's more a general thought about whether you can actually use the parameter [noquality] in foods - it can be used in the coding of crafting items, but it does not work in food. Just wanted to hear if anyone else had any example of making foods, that can't swing in quality, but will always be 1 kind of output, meaning no awful, bland, decent etc.

Nydxz

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 02:08:19 AM »
Yes, sorry. I did some testing aswell, we can't change how foods are handled, they will always have quality. Funny enough, I found out "Delicious" food doesn't change nutrition, instead they fill the hunger bar faster. I have no idea how an food with no proprieties was able to fill a starving character. It was still starving, but 0 hunger bar lol

PALU

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 08:23:40 AM »
Yes, sorry. I did some testing aswell, we can't change how foods are handled, they will always have quality. Funny enough, I found out "Delicious" food doesn't change nutrition, instead they fill the hunger bar faster. I have no idea how an food with no proprieties was able to fill a starving character. It was still starving, but 0 hunger bar lol
Starving people eat things without any nutrition just to fill their bellies. It doesn't provide any nutrition, but the pain from the empty belly is eased.