Topic: More knives!  (Read 3958 times)

Bärentill

« on: February 07, 2018, 01:32:20 PM »
Knives are rarely sold by the NPCs, since the NPCs seem to use them for themselves. This means for example that swords are easier to obtain by trading than knives which seems to be a little strange. I can easily find a battlesword but it seems almost impossible to find any small knives. As knives are needed for many daily tasks there should be a need of knives in the game world in such a way that the knives are more common than swords. Thus, I suggest to slightly increase the amount of knives in the game.

It might be also a nice idea to make different cultures offering different knives in the way they need them the most (small knives for carving, broad knives for skinning and so on).

JEB Davis

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
I agree, and have also noticed that battle swords seem to be more common in Driik villages than the other swords. But this could be just the luck of the RNG in one world for all I know.

koteko

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:58:09 PM »
Knives are rarely sold by the NPCs, since the NPCs seem to use them for themselves. This means for example that swords are easier to obtain by trading than knives which seems to be a little strange

To be honest, this goes greatly against my experience. Which cultures have you tried?

With pretty much any culture I played (excluding Driik), finding knives has been generally easy and swords are very rare. Of course masterwork stuff is always hard to find.

MrMotorhead

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 03:55:04 AM »
Foreign traders should stock nice knives, especially broad knives.  This would make a lot of sense, knives are light weight and high value, and they would help the inhemo get higher quality furs.

anything