Topic: Cursed Wolf Quest  (Read 628 times)

Wyvren781

« on: March 22, 2024, 01:56:09 AM »
I received this quest from a woman in a village to track down a lone wolf and feed it bread to break a curse.  I have tracked down the wolf and trapped it in a pit trap but I cant figure out how to get the thing to eat the bread.

I have tried pushing the bread onto him, throwing it at him, just leaving it with him for a few days to see if he would eat it while I was away. and cant get any results.

Is there something required to complete this quest that I am missing?

McKwack

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 03:24:13 AM »
If you don't mind the spoiler, this quest has been discussed in the Steam forum as well.

For some reason, I couldn't post the full link, so if you can go to the Steam Community page for Unreal World and go to the Gameplay Questions sub-forums, just search for the 'Of Wolf and Woman quest - help!". Someone managed to figure out how to feed the bread to the wolf.

Good luck!  :)

PS if anyone knows how I can post 'external links', I'll post it here to save the hassle.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 03:25:49 AM by McKwack »

Erkka

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 08:15:41 AM »
PS if anyone knows how I can post 'external links',

The method to enable posting external links is to make a few more posts, so that the forum software considers your account a legitimate user instead of a possible spam-bot. As we have suffered from swarms of bot accounts posting irrelevant links, we needed to make the security settings tighter. So every user account starts with external links disabled, and if their account does not get blocked / banned / deleted after making a few posts, then posting links will get automatically enabled.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

masataka90

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 04:51:02 PM »
How did you guys find the wolf? I only have 4 days left for the quest to expire.

Plotinus

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 07:56:49 PM »
When I did the quest, I threw the bread at the wolf and I got the confusion message like when you're feeding a dog, and I also left some on the gruond. I thought the wolf didn't eat it but later when i picked them up and counted them in my inventory, i realised i was missing a piece of bread, and so i tried going back to the village and I got the end of the quest.

masataka90, i found the wolf by wandering around in the zoomed in map. when i was close, i heard howling. i had a reindeer with me, which probably helped attract it, though it wasn't that worth it: my  reindeer did not survive. next time i will leave my reindeer at home!

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2024, 08:02:58 PM »
If you don't mind the spoiler, this quest has been discussed in the Steam forum as well.

For some reason, I couldn't post the full link, so if you can go to the Steam Community page for Unreal World and go to the Gameplay Questions sub-forums, just search for the 'Of Wolf and Woman quest - help!". Someone managed to figure out how to feed the bread to the wolf.

Good luck!  :)

PS if anyone knows how I can post 'external links', I'll post it here to save the hassle.
i found the link and i'll post it for you! https://steamcommunity.com/app/351700/discussions/0/4309452818496529331/

And reading the discussion there, yeah, I think i did try that too actually, not with a bone but with some other meat but i tried a bunch of things and then i didnt know which one worked, because it didnt happen in front of me

McKwack

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2024, 11:48:20 PM »
PS if anyone knows how I can post 'external links',

The method to enable posting external links is to make a few more posts, so that the forum software considers your account a legitimate user instead of a possible spam-bot. As we have suffered from swarms of bot accounts posting irrelevant links, we needed to make the security settings tighter. So every user account starts with external links disabled, and if their account does not get blocked / banned / deleted after making a few posts, then posting links will get automatically enabled.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Fair enough.. thanks for letting me know, Erkka.  :)
I didn't realize I haven't posted that much in the forums, even though I have played the game for several years already..  :o

[shortened]
i found the link and i'll post it for you! https://steamcommunity.com/app/351700/discussions/0/4309452818496529331/

And reading the discussion there, yeah, I think i did try that too actually, not with a bone but with some other meat but i tried a bunch of things and then i didnt know which one worked, because it didnt happen in front of me

Thanks for the link, Plotinus!  :D
FYI I just found the quest and has started working on it. We'll see how it goes. ;)

moonpanda

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 05:51:09 AM »
I'm still struggling with this one. I've been at the quest location for two weeks now, and every couple days I go find the wolf and leave stacks of bread and bones/raw meat as close to it as I can get. A couple of times upon zooming in to the tile I've seen the wolf standing on top of one of my piles, but it has never eaten anything from any of them. Is there something obvious that I might be doing wrong here?

SplashingLavaret

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 09:11:55 AM »
I'm still struggling with this one. I've been at the quest location for two weeks now, and every couple days I go find the wolf and leave stacks of bread and bones/raw meat as close to it as I can get. A couple of times upon zooming in to the tile I've seen the wolf standing on top of one of my piles, but it has never eaten anything from any of them. Is there something obvious that I might be doing wrong here?

Try to leave a single bone and a single bread in one small stack at like a 5-6 tiles distance from the wolf. if you approach it it kind of hangs out at that distance, you can drop them then. I think the "tricking" them is getting them eating something and it being the bread because there aren't many to choose from.

I used a single elk bone and a normal-quality flatbread. after coming back after 2 in-game days (same time period) then coming back, the elk bone was there and untouched the bread was gone, and when i went back to the village it was complete.

anything