Topic: Birds should be less intimidating  (Read 3272 times)

Matti-patti

« on: June 20, 2023, 08:45:45 PM »
This is something that has been bothering me for a long time. Please make it so that we can zoom out to the world map even if there is some random grouse hovering in the air nearby. Birds in the air tend to be chill about the player's presence so that they can stick nearby and you need to run away from the bird before you can zoom out. None of the birds are ever aggressive to the player either. The only potential exploit cases I can think of is that the player might zoom out to prevent a bird of prey from killing another bird or prevent it from stealing a meat cut you left lying around on the ground, which are of doubtful utility.

Similarly I'm not sure dogs should be so hung about birds of pray (i.e. bark in alarm) as they are insignificant animals to the player. It's unnecessary info clutter.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 08:47:55 PM by Matti-patti »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 09:12:34 PM »
I agree, also would be nice to have a separate option in the ini file exclude birds prompting task cancellations.

Matti-patti

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 09:27:19 PM »
Yeah that too. I guess there could also be a entry in the options for "harmless animals interrupt player", which would drop the interrupt queries for anything except large animals, predators and valuable fur bearing animals. Then you could have that on when you start when you actually might care about that squirrel/hare/grouse popping up, and then turn it off when you no longer care. Also domestic animals in villages shouldn't interrupt.