Topic: Can't trap cellars anymore?  (Read 3387 times)

GrimmSpector

« on: April 27, 2023, 01:42:36 AM »
Could swear we could before, because birds would steal all my seeds :-\ how do I protect it now?

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 02:24:03 AM »
Seeds, leaves and roots can be stored in pantry. Either attached room, separate barn, or simply piled in the corner of one’s cabin.

Meats and fishes can still experience ravens nibbling on them. (Not sure the the big is still around that raven eats not just one piece , but equal bite from an entire stack)

GrimmSpector

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 03:02:06 PM »
Seeds, leaves and roots can be stored in pantry. Either attached room, separate barn, or simply piled in the corner of one’s cabin.

Meats and fishes can still experience ravens nibbling on them. (Not sure the the big is still around that raven eats not just one piece , but equal bite from an entire stack)

That's incredibly frustrating, thanks.

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 06:11:19 PM »
I dont recall ever putting a trap right on top of cellar.

I learned long ago to put the light lever traps around the cellar. If a rodent gets in to nibble they die and become meat. Thus the cellar works as a super bait.

Nearby can be a larger predator trap baited with meat.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 09:37:03 AM »
I can confirm that it was possible to trap cellars in the past, although I rarely did it as the losses weren't noticeable. I haven't bothered trying in 3.80 (beta) either, but assume the report is correct.