Topic: Some dumb modding questions  (Read 6360 times)

Plasmator94

« on: March 10, 2023, 12:51:31 PM »
There is any way to make possible that NPCs can also sell modded items?

Also, as far as I see, there is no way to make a crafting recipe that result with two crafted object instead of one... there is any way to do that?

Modding buildings... is inpossible since is hardcoded? Or I can create for example copy of "Shelter" building but with different graphic?

Tinker

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 01:56:59 PM »
They will buy them but I am fairly sure they do not sell them, I could be wrong as I do not have much to do with people.

There is no way to make more than one type of item at a time, unlike some vanilla crafting like threshing which can produced 5 or 6 items.. You can create recipes that produce something from nothing which is similar to creating two items at once, but it is exploitable and takes up another menu slot. I can send some examples if you want to see what I mean.

You can replicate something like a shelter with a new name and graphic and you can change graphics for other buildings but it seems that making a multi cell building is hardcoded for most actions to work.

Plasmator94

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 02:27:53 PM »
They will buy them but I am fairly sure they do not sell them, I could be wrong as I do not have much to do with people.

There is no way to make more than one type of item at a time, unlike some vanilla crafting like threshing which can produced 5 or 6 items.. You can create recipes that produce something from nothing which is similar to creating two items at once, but it is exploitable and takes up another menu slot. I can send some examples if you want to see what I mean.

You can replicate something like a shelter with a new name and graphic and you can change graphics for other buildings but it seems that making a multi cell building is hardcoded for most actions to work.

thanks you Thinker. Yeah please send examples, even if I thing I got it :)

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 07:17:01 PM »
1) Flora_ created mod items could be set to be sold by NPCs

2) A 'craft' can have one output (can be multiples of item). With 'Optional' usage a single task can make some variation in the resulting output.

3) You can not 'create' building items. You can replace sprites for a different look, In certain spots you can add/expose 'world tiles' that exist, like rapids, or road.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Plasmator94

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 07:29:30 PM »
1) Flora_ created mod items could be set to be sold by NPCs

2) A 'craft' can have one output (can be multiples of item). With 'Optional' usage a single task can make some variation in the resulting output.

3) You can not 'create' building items. You can replace sprites for a different look, In certain spots you can add/expose 'world tiles' that exist, like rapids, or road.

thanks you very much! I didn't thought about flora_modded (you can not just set who cultivate that plant?), so I could hypothetically create an object (such as a precious mineral, cultural tool or whatever) that a population cultivates\sell, but which does not spawn by setting all spawn factors to 0

I will try some stuff with this idea in mind :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 07:31:28 PM by Plasmator94 »