Topic: Running on Linux-ARM (it can be done!)  (Read 6267 times)

tringo

« on: March 02, 2023, 02:53:12 PM »
Hello.  After knowing about the game for twenty years, I finally made the time to try Unreal World.
Having lived in Finland a short time, I can confirm this captures the feel of the woods and the people there.
It is important for this reason alone.
Those running a raspberry pi or odroid or other ARM hardware might be interested in knowing that another user has discovered that the 64-bit linux game can run under box64 emulator.
The details can be found on github under the box86-compatibility-list/issues/219
Contrary to the tag, it does run, but you may need to copy two bitmap files and make them immutable:
You can make a file immutable with:  chattr +i $filename
To make it mutable again you use: chattr -i $filename
Cheers 

Bert Preast

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 11:44:58 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  Most of your post was just gibberish to me, except this bit:

Having lived in Finland a short time, I can confirm this captures the feel of the woods and the people there.

They murder each other for axes and turnips, and wear nettle underwear.  Confirmed.   :D

craftyguy

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 08:55:23 AM »
Is there any chance we can get native aarch64 builds? Box64 is neat, but it's buggy and slower than native performance. It may not be too hard to produce aarch64 binaries (hopefully you aren't doing any x86_64 asm or other arch-specific things!), but obviously since the game's source isn't available I have no clue  :'(

kirfkin

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 09:21:21 PM »
Bit of an old thread... but I was thinking about trying this. I got Factorio running on my Pinebook Pro, so doing so here would be pretty fun I think.