Topic: Hex editing stats  (Read 4806 times)

songangel

« on: December 11, 2022, 07:29:49 PM »
Hi everyone, I haven't played for a few years but getting into the game again.  I noticed that when trying to edit my skills/stats following the exploits page on the wiki, the edits I made work but I am instantly starving, bleeding out, and basically dead when I log back in.  Does this not work anymore or am I doing something wrong?

rudy

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 08:49:27 PM »
I'm not sure what exploit you are talking about specifically, but I'll attach a functioning CheatEngine file for version 3.72b of the game (probably works for 3.72 stable as well) that I have been using.

songangel

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 08:59:42 PM »
I am referring to editing your NAME.URS file with a hex editor to modify stats and skills.  I am a Linux user so cheat engine is not an option for me.  I am using v3.63 and the link to the exploit is https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Exploits#Hex_Editing_Your_Stats
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 09:03:23 PM by songangel »

Night

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 10:26:43 PM »
I am referring to editing your NAME.URS file with a hex editor to modify stats and skills.  I am a Linux user so cheat engine is not an option for me.  I am using v3.63 and the link to the exploit is https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Exploits#Hex_Editing_Your_Stats

All of the addresses you'll find publicly available are windows based.

Frostbit had luck with finding addresses on linux awhile back by using WINE and cheat engine together; although I'm not sure what kind of setup was involved.

I can send you that file if its still available, its for version 3.70b though.
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!

songangel

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 11:37:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply but I am not referring to the memory addresses of a running process.  The file I mentioned is the save game file for a my character and the offsets in the file will not change between Linux and Windows systems as it is a binary file.  Also, the test edit that I made to a skill worked and I was able to verify it by looking at the skills window while I was dying after reloading the game.

Night

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 06:49:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply but I am not referring to the memory addresses of a running process.  The file I mentioned is the save game file for a my character and the offsets in the file will not change between Linux and Windows systems as it is a binary file.  Also, the test edit that I made to a skill worked and I was able to verify it by looking at the skills window while I was dying after reloading the game.

The file and memory addresses are formatted very similarly, however the linux version does have some slight variations to some of the addresses.

cheat engine is probably the easiest way to filter which bytes you're looking for (works for both running process and opening a raw file) as you'll be able to leverage the search and filter function, however you can probably use whatever application you want to read the bytes, and then compare them next to each other across acouple of different characters. that's how I'd do it anyways  :)

As for you other symptoms from editing the file (bleeding out, dying instantly, etc) usually doesn't occur 'naturally' from editing a skill. More likely you're accidently overflowing some of the other bytes out of place into the wrong spot.
URW Character Menu - Cheating menu by a player, for the players.
URW Character Designer - Design your characters sprite!