Topic: [OUTDATED] [3.72] Community Mod BAC  (Read 25629 times)

Bert Preast

« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2023, 08:23:46 PM »
The recipes for iron helmet, coudes, kneecops and codpiece require pliers, which seem to have been replaced by tongs.  The recipe for the iron spectacle helm seems to have been updated to require tongs, but not those listed above. 

EDIT:  As noted before; while the iron spectacle helm can be crafted, it only seems to provide the protection of the leather used in its manufacture.  That is to say, it's useless.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 10:39:24 PM by Bert Preast »

Brygun

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2023, 01:00:09 AM »
Ill look at the iron making recipes again.

This patch update is for:

Quern Stone to Quern Grinder
   = Oddly having lost my character while traveling it may be and certainly is a risk that an object named "stone" might get used up in recipes or building. Thus renaming it to Quern Grinder for game purposes.

Brygun

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2023, 01:23:17 AM »
Toolmaking restored name from tongs to pliers. Added notes in text on the difference in the tools. Chiefly pliers magnify the grip force by a lot where as tongs are more to handle things lightly or because they are hot.

For the spectacle helm didn't see a flaw but added specific mod phrasing. Armor coverage, material and weight explicit stated for both helm and spectacle helm. If someone could test it that would be great. Spectacle helm tool swap from tongs back to pliers.

Bert Preast

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2023, 04:19:24 PM »
I will be pleased to test, but can you confirm that the update you just posted is for 3.72 and not 3.80?

I have a ludicrously long-running character and so I am sticking with 3.72 for now!

Brygun

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2023, 06:48:08 PM »
Confirming UrW 3.72 patch #1

I'm not currently in the Beta. Updates are coming largely based on playing Calle. I'm playing Calle with an Lifetimer's copy of the game so that Steam updates won't hit me either.

Calle's story:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6953.0

Bert Preast

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2023, 07:12:35 PM »
Excellent, I shall download and test.  Probably not this evening though as it's my wedding anniversary, and the local steak house has a steak tartar with my name on it  8)

Brygun

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2023, 06:20:44 AM »
Meat.

Fire.

Good.

(An old Canadian Harvey's restaurant ad. Most effective ad slogan ever.)

Brygun

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2023, 06:59:57 AM »
Minor upload error for the Utility menu still having the Lost Quern-Grinder vs the Assemble Quern-Grinder still active.

Bert Preast

« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2023, 09:30:17 PM »
Okay, testing done, delayed a little by a herd of reindeer hitting my trap fence.

Iron coudes and kneecops work as intended.

Iron helm, iron spectacle helm, and iron codpiece work, but have the armour protection of the leather used in their fabrication.  This makes them very resource intensive and almost useless.  I don't know how to fix it, but likely remove the leather from the recipe and they will work.  The leather would just be a trim to keep the metal from contact with skin, with the helmets you'd wear a cap comforter of leather or padded cloth underneath.  With the codpiece I am not so sure, having never worn one!

Brygun

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2023, 05:39:38 AM »
That is wierd.

The spectacle helm specifically recipes in the material type.

Ill look into options.

Tester: That was the recipe versioon for iron spectacle helm that had [MATERIAL:Iron] in it?

Brygun

« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2023, 06:03:21 AM »
2023-05-11 A

Two issues being addressed:

Iron armors as leather fix attempt by commenting out leather in recipe. Hoping to avoid the change to leather. Affects helm, spectacle helm and cod piece.

Barrel when full needs large characters to lift. Have decided to reduce capacity, price, materials aiming for a 120 lb character so even female characters can lift it. Needs confirmation that this works now.

Bert Preast

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2023, 05:42:29 PM »
That is wierd.

The spectacle helm specifically recipes in the material type.

Ill look into options.

Tester: That was the recipe versioon for iron spectacle helm that had [MATERIAL:Iron] in it?

In the recipes both helm versions have [ARMOUR_MATERIAL:iron] in them.  Coudes, kneecops and codpiece do not.

Edit:  The recipes are in the file  diy_BAC_Armor_Iron_Wood.txt
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 05:45:19 PM by Bert Preast »

Bert Preast

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2023, 06:16:33 PM »
Also a rather minor issue is that while fresh milk never spoils, sour milk made with this mod does spoil, albeit over many months.  The only two ingredients are milk and nettle leaves, neither of which I have ever seen spoil.  I would expect that making sour milk would help to preserve the milk, so I suggest that until fresh milk in the base game spoils, the sour milk recipe should be set to not spoil.   

Brygun

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2023, 08:52:01 PM »
In this update:

When fixing the barrel in 2023-05-11 A saw notes from a conversation with Saami warning that containers with WEIGHT above 25.5 get weird.

In this update

Large amphora reduced from 27 to 25.5. Close enough no other changes.

In the Finnish punt stages were victims of that container weight bug. There are other large containers under carpentry (cask, barrel) and earthernware (amphora, large amphora). Decided to just remove the capacity from the various dug out log sections. Better to keep the issues of moving a 200 pound object then on a replaceable container function.

>>>

Note the iron helm etc was reworked in 2023-05-11 A and thus also in this one so needs to be retested.

Brygun

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2023, 08:10:28 PM »
Birch-bark fixes thanks to Calle having quiet winter days with lots of food on hand.

Birch-bark armors given specific calls to material and armor material in case the protection might come out with the base leather. No bugs reported on that just seem like a good precaution.

Birch-bark strip from the tall of roll birch calibrated. On hand Calle had a I believe a vanilla 75 ft strip at 0.4 pounds. Making the BAC strip from on hand birch now outputs the same 0.4 though using 0.5 to imply wastage as you aren't picking the best spots off a standing tree but using anything you can, which may have holes from branches.

>>>

Hoping to here if the as of  2023-05-11 iron helms are coming out correctly in their protection values.