Topic: [OUTDATED] [3.72] Community Mod BAC  (Read 25623 times)

Brygun

« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2023, 03:49:32 AM »
Fish skin glue is bugged as the weight of fish is used but no item is found in inventory.

I missed that it has a 1 day cooling time. Its fine.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 03:54:25 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2023, 07:44:06 AM »
As I've been playing Calle with BAC-Rudy I've noted the things posted above and made some tweaks. Most are fixes.

I've also added some things like a wooden canteen and a two flour bread that is great as you balance the protein of hemp with the carbs of rye or barley.

Though to share these with you. The intention is you would unzip this and overwrite the BAC files. Suggest making a backup but you can do that be repeat unziping the BAC download.

If Rudy comes along he's encouraged to roll these into the page 1 download.

[File removed as an updated is now a few posts farther down]

« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 08:30:29 PM by Brygun »

Tinker

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2023, 10:33:31 AM »
Thanks for the updates. You will also find the vanilla weight of clothing changed some time to be about half what it was, the wiki shows the new weights, all clothing in BAC uses twice as much cloth as it should.

Brygun

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2023, 06:17:50 PM »
Huh, guess thats what Ill be doing the next day or two.

Im seeing most items drop by 1.0 to 0.5 lbs. like 7.0 to 6.0.

so it wasnt crippling but worth fixing. One could argue on wastage but IMHO with material costs be so much higher they tended to be more frugal and reusable than the modern society. (much the same as how I believe in being able to reuse a bandage in BAC)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 06:28:49 PM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2023, 07:50:36 PM »
The wiki lists nettle cloak at weight 6 but my character right now has a bought one weighing 2.8

Brygun

« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2023, 08:29:41 PM »
Updates 2023-05-03

Added update for clothing weights.

Have some concerns like the wiki lists a nettle cloak at weight 6 but my character bought one for 2.8

Im assuming the wiki was done faithfully for crafting with the oddity in the randomness of generating goods in towns to buy.

>>>

(was missing grinding hemp seeds on Quern, see fix below)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 03:46:10 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2023, 08:37:11 PM »
As mentioned Im  a little concerned on the weights of things like the nettle cloak seen. However Im assuming the wiki was done faithfully.

Would be helpful is someone ran some tests or data mining on vanilla items to reconfirm the wiki.

Brygun

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2023, 03:34:28 AM »
Wrong BAC utility in upload, accidentally over wrote the one where I had grind hemp on quern figured out.

Will fix shortly.

Brygun

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2023, 03:45:21 AM »
Grinding hemp seeds with quern back in.

>>

dern it I over wrote the canteen too
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 05:26:02 AM by Brygun »

Brygun

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2023, 05:32:36 AM »
BAC update  2023-05-03 C

Turns out the wrong direction copy had deleted the canteen entry too.
and the Stone-axe fix.

Things can get a bit confusing when you have the same file name in several directories.   :P ::)

>>>

BAC update 2023-05

Changes made:

>>>

diy_BAC_Utility:

Some reordering to group bandage entries together

Emergency bark
   = Added hidden item. Oops recovery. It is possible to dehair after the tanning step but you never recover the tanning material. If this was an accident open the text file, remove comments to activate, reopen menu to load in game, use it, restore comments in text file

Canteen
   = Added item. Provides a better fit to a stoppered carrier or wooden bottle. Made by joining two wooden cups as a water carrier. Performance similiar to a bowl. Cord can be primitive such as split spruce twigs. Allows making a medium container with no leather required.

Grind Hemp Flour
   = Added item. For use with the Quern. Ran into the similiar issue with Clayweed flour in that the modding language doesn't detect hemp flour. The wiki had the nutrition stats so using base rye-flour then adjusting to proper values. Tested okay in recipes.

>>>

diy_BAC_Weapons

Stone Axe
   = Tweak. Change from rope to thin cord for easier primitive start and to match stone adze axe.

>>>

diy_BAC_Lumber

Wooden Stake
   = Fix. Needed the [patchwise] as would staff

>>>

diy_BAC_Tying_Equipment

Untie loop snare
   = Set to return new vanilla length of 6

>>>

diy_BAC_Transport

Finnish Punt
Expanded log hull
   = the tying equipment gets [noquality] as its doing a simple job of holding weight in place.

Finnish Punt
   = Known bug that while making the Finnish Punt the dug out logs have the wrong weight. Thankfully Final punt is proper weight of 90.

Freed rope
   = reactivated. Length set to the 12 now used in making a raft. The purpose is that be carrying and recoverying a rope a character could cross multiple rivers. Useful if traveling by skis in the early spring when the melting ice cuts you off from your boat.

>>>

cookery_glossary.txt

Hemp swirl bread
   = Added to allow mixing the flours of high protien hemp with high carb rye or barley.

Pastry ball
   = Added as a way to use up small amounts of flour.

Flat bread adjusted
   = tweak to instead of 45 prep time to 15 active 30 cooling

>>>

Clothing updates

Tinker pointed out: "You will also find the vanilla weight of clothing changed some time to be about half what it was, the wiki shows the new weights, all clothing in BAC uses twice as much cloth as it should."

https://www.unrealworld.fi/wiki/index.php?title=Clothing

Some weights increased.
Nettle cloak in question as wiki listing 6 but my character bought one at 2.8.

Updating has been applied to:

diy_BAC_Clothing.txt
diy_BAC_Wool.txt
diy_BAC_Armor_Leather_Fur
diy_BAC_Armor_Iron_Wood

Barkware wasn't changed as the wiki had very few data points to figure out changes from. Also birchbark constructions to tend to have wastages that can't be rejoined like cloth or wool can.

Brygun

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2023, 08:17:04 AM »
Adding the ability to convert birch-bark by weight into strips. This was present in the 3.60 BAC. Its needed for making the large tall roll of birch be useable for all recipes. Some birch bark recipes use weight but some require strips.

>>>

Admin:

Im going to stop deleting the old versions of my update in case I screw up and reverse copy files again.

Brygun

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2023, 10:12:36 PM »
Now that fibre is a thing changed over caulking from branches to fibre

Brygun

« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2023, 11:32:06 PM »
Noticed leather cord coming out at 1 lb for 15 ft when rope is 1 lb for 15 ft, lowered leather cord to 0.5 lb

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2023, 01:53:05 AM »
Noticed leather cord coming out at 1 lb for 15 ft when rope is 1 lb for 15 ft, lowered leather cord to 0.5 lb
Vanilla leather cord (15') is 1lb.

Brygun

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2023, 06:14:29 PM »
Isn't the vanilla rope 15 ft to 1 lb?

Ropes are thicker and stronger than cords so they shouldn't weigh the same.

The other Cord recipes in BAC are 0.5 weight.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 06:31:36 PM by Brygun »