Topic: BAC making linen, and the naming of flax yarn  (Read 4024 times)

esko-seteli

« on: November 22, 2022, 04:11:24 AM »
So, hi - somewhat long-time player, got BAC and found a bit of an issue.

I've managed to make some nettle cloths for myself so far, but now that the flax harvest came around I tried to get some linen as well. Only rub is, when I spun the flax to yarn, it instead became "linen yarn" - and the cloth looming recipe demands "flax yarn".

Did I muck something up, or is this some internal issue with the BAC recipe? Should it actually produce flax yarn, but is set incorrectly to produce linen yarn? If so, how can I fix it?

rudy

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 06:36:48 AM »
It's a problem with the BAC not being adjusted to the new yarn system; I have made the necessary adjustments in my latest update to the BAC mod (see the recent release thread).

But, in short, the new (vanilla) yarn system produces :

nettle > nettle yarn
flax > linen yarn
hemp > hemp yarn.

BAC was previously developed under the need to make its own yarn, and it had "flax yarn" from flax.

If you want to change it without using my 'update' of BAC, then just change the 'flax yarn' requirement to 'linen yarn' in the recipe.

esko-seteli

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 07:46:07 AM »
Right, I see! Thought I had the latest version, but in my defense the forum's a bit tough to navigate for someone uninitiated like myself.

Wouldn't care to provide a link to it, just to be sure I find the right one? Also, I assume the installation goes as usual - drag and drop contents and replace all, and it should do the trick? Cheers in advance!

Tinker

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 09:57:43 AM »
The latest release from Rudy is here https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6632.msg20694#msg20694. Instalation shoud just work as you describe.

esko-seteli

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 10:29:26 AM »
Cheers, that'll do nicely. Works by the looks of it now! Textilecraft menu is properly segmented, and linen yarn makes linen cloth as expected.

anything