Topic: Preparation time  (Read 3771 times)

Tinker

« on: November 20, 2022, 10:43:49 AM »
There appears to have been a change between 3.7x and at least one 3.6x versions in handling preparation time.

It was possible to add \0m\ to a recipe to force a crafted item to be placed on the ground when made, handy for heavy items like logs. In 3.7x this instruction is silently ignored mean several keypresses need to done to drop the object(s). It seems now to need \1m\ to force the drop on completion but the you cannot do anything with the item until the time has elapsed.

I am not sure if this a bug or was a bug that is fixed, or is it a feature? Before wasting time with a bug report I thought it best to canvas opinions of modders.

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 11:07:02 AM »

I checked some of my old code and seems I always used \1\
so can't verify legacy of 0
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Tinker

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 11:12:36 AM »
Well I kmow that I used 0 for some BAC tweaks in at least one 3.6 version, so it might nave been a bug then that is fixed now.