Topic: Animals helping the player [P] and [M] stuff  (Read 1986 times)

makute

« on: September 09, 2022, 06:44:09 PM »
Good day everyone.

It's been a looong time since my last UrW game. I'm currently immersed in a runaway slave run and having a blast. My former masters camp has already been burnt to the ground with only two casualties in my warband, and the remaining companions are currently helping me build a small cottage to pass the winter in the cold Owl-tribe lands.

I forgot how time consuming it was, just moving the logs around is extremelly annoing. The help from my unoccupied companions is invaluable, but I came with a little idea that would make it even easier: What if animals could help [M]Move (draft) stuff around too? Only reindeers or bigger, and only if equipped with a harness made from ropes and slender trunks or planks. My guess that a regular reindeer could pull three or four times as much as a human, and a bull or cow maybe ten or twelve time more.

The sled from the BAC mod is a really cool idea, but once we have companions help the player, why not extend that behaviour to animals? I think it would be a first step on having proper vehicles and such.