Topic: How to convince a Hunter/Woodsman/Adventurer into going to hunt with you?  (Read 4715 times)

Kyo

« on: April 22, 2022, 06:21:25 AM »
There's a Hunter that has a Battleaxe who i wanna kill, by hiring and bringing him away the village, but he keeps on refusing, what can i do for him to finally come with me?

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 06:37:34 AM »
There's a Hunter that has a Battleaxe who i wanna kill, by hiring and bringing him away the village, but he keeps on refusing, what can i do for him to finally come with me?

He obviously, is a good judge of character. Sami musta worked on the AI  ;D
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 07:32:42 AM »
People not returning from missions results in no villagers from that village being willing to accompany you. That is even if they were hired for a robber hunt and were shot in the back by other companions...

Kyo

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 06:22:24 PM »
People not returning from missions results in no villagers from that village being willing to accompany you. That is even if they were hired for a robber hunt and were shot in the back by other companions...
But that didn't happen, he would just keep on saying "No, Im not interested" I gave him stuff to convince him and even waited, asked again, and still, the same reply "No, Im not interested".

PALU

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 08:20:40 AM »
The reason for them to refuse when no negative factors are involved is unknown. It happens, and it might be that they may soften up after getting to know you better (i.e. you have a better standing with the village), although that's speculation. It may also be that they're less likely to accept jobs during sowing and harvest seasons, although that's speculation as well.

There was a bug that caused former hirelings to never get out of "not now, maybe later", but I believe that bug has been fixed.

However, if they say they're not interested I think you're out of luck for quite some time at the least (and they're in luck for not getting murdered by a greedy serial killer).

Galgana

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 10:52:47 PM »
In my experience, an NPC involved in a quest is disqualified from the hireling pool. In that case, their refusal dialogue will have something like "I have my own affairs to attend to" IIRC

anything