Topic: Angry villagers  (Read 3818 times)

Avienna

« on: November 02, 2021, 08:32:20 PM »
So, I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of a pickle...
I was in a village about to trade for an item. I pick it up, and on my way to talk to a villager, I fall asleep... I then proceed to be woken up by an angry villager attacking me for stealing. I drop the item, and the villager tells me to leave before they attack again. Now I can't go back to the village, which makes the game a little more difficult since it is the only village on my island (playing as islander).
Is there any way to make them stop hating me? I can't even talk to the villagers now

ineedcords

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 10:06:44 PM »
So, I seem to have gotten myself into a bit of a pickle...
I was in a village about to trade for an item. I pick it up, and on my way to talk to a villager, I fall asleep... I then proceed to be woken up by an angry villager attacking me for stealing. I drop the item, and the villager tells me to leave before they attack again. Now I can't go back to the village, which makes the game a little more difficult since it is the only village on my island (playing as islander).
Is there any way to make them stop hating me? I can't even talk to the villagers now
I do not think there is a way to speed it up at this stage but if you patiently wait time will heal the wound in relations.
As you wait, the negativity level comes down a bit, at which point they will let you communicate and trade with them (rather than warn you to instantly leave or get beaten).
Then you can trade with them which will help further improve relations.
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Pyry

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 10:07:55 PM »
Wow, it didn't occur to me this could happen. Were they willing to talk, you could gift them items by using the Deliver an item talk option. Since they won't talk to you, there isn't any way to make them forgive you on the short term I am afraid.

If it is still late winter, peel some bark from birch trees and weave it into birch bark rope.  Quality isn't important. Then use that rope to make a raft and try other islands, or maybe go to the Driik. Their villages have everything there is aside from cultural items.

You'll need a paddle too so I hope you still have an axe.

Bert Preast

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 11:27:19 PM »
It will take months for the villagers to forgive you enough to allow to begin to improve relations, maybe even years.

Seeing as they are Islanders, my preferred method of restoring relations is to annihilate the entire village and steal everything they own using my enormous canine army  :)

PALU

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 11:14:31 AM »
It's rather hard to build up a canine army when the only villager that might potentially supply you with recruits is hostile towards you.

My preferred alternative would be to wait it out, i.e. wait until they're ready to talk (and trade) again, with the waiting taking place in a more hospitable location (i.e. move to another island or the mainland), potentially never to return.

The impatient alternative would be to try to sneak in at night to steal an axe to make a paddle (or steal a paddle or a plank, if one is encountered before an axe is) to get a paddle to allow you to leave the island. The critical step is to get a plank, as a proper axe is required to make one. Once you have a plank you can make a paddle even with stone tools.

Plotinus

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 09:59:57 PM »
I'd visit them once a month to see if they're still mad. They'll calm down after a while, especially since you didn't actually steal anything.

This has happened to me before, too. It taught me to take a nap before picking up anything in villages. :)

Plotinus

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 10:00:51 PM »
the only thing they'll never forgive is murder

Avienna

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 10:19:41 PM »
Update: I ran into the village a few times, dropped some stuff on the ground, and ran away again  ;D
Don't know if it had any effect, but after a while they stopped chasing me out. If it was my random yeet gifts, or just  time, no clue.

All in all, I have been showering them with gifts ever since, so now they are happy to see me everytime I come to the village  ;D

anything