Topic: Advanced game course - Archery  (Read 2625 times)

Bert Preast

« on: October 24, 2021, 07:32:59 PM »
One task of the advanced game course is to increase your archery skill.  Should your character have above average archery skill already, this is a massive pain in the arse - I have just gone through six bowstrings (so about 600 arrows loosed?) which has taken over two days in game and two hours in real time!  T + Enter + Enter, repeat 50 times then go pick up the arrows and repeat, repeat, repeat etc. 

It was not fun.

I am aware that the idea is that the player is encouraged to go bow-hunting, and the text for the task makes it seem that you need to be shooting live creatures for it to work.  However, some time ago I learned that shooting into the ground or anything really also work; and I am always impatient to get onto the Great Man of the Forest and Kaumo Furs parts of the course, which are great fun.

I think the task should be changed now that making bows is modelled better:  Make a bow and some arrows, then hit something that's alive with it.  This would still encourage the player to go bow-hunting and teach him how it works, and not leave the players with high archery skill crippled by repetitive strain injuries! 

koteko

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 06:46:37 PM »
Great idea

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 08:34:31 AM »
This is a good suggestion.

In the meantime, increasing your crossbow skill also works for this task, and you might have a lower skill in it