Topic: Stack yarn of the same length 3.70 beta.  (Read 3036 times)

d2shr6o8av

« on: September 16, 2021, 02:07:41 AM »

I figured that the same length of yarn would stack just like the 150 foot ones your purchase from villages. Unfortunately it seems that the 25 foot yarn do not stack because they have different weights.
Please make the same length and material yarn stack together.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 03:33:32 PM »
I figured that the same length of yarn would stack just like the 150 foot ones your purchase from villages. Unfortunately it seems that the 25 foot yarn do not stack because they have different weights.
Please make the same length and material yarn stack together.

The real question here is why they have different weights.
Stacking rules are generic, if all the properties match the items stack, so in this case it naturally doesn't happen. But how were these pieces of yarn obtained?
If one tries eg. cutting yarn into smaller several same length pieces the stacking should be easily witnessed.

- Sami | UnReal World creator

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 05:29:51 PM »
All the yarns I have were purchased from villages.

I've never manually cut a yarn and have always relied on the automatic cutting to required length whenever I dry food or make blunt arrows.

When I do dry food that requires less than 25 feet of yarn and I don't have the exact length of yarn required, I'll try to use available yarns that total the length of cordage required.
For example: I need to dry 48 pieces of meat. I'll use the available 20 foot yarn of any material, plus a 4 foot yarn of any material.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 05:56:10 PM »
All the yarns I have were purchased from villages.

I've never manually cut a yarn and have always relied on the automatic cutting to required length whenever I dry food or make blunt arrows.

Okay, then we'll actually considered this a bug as reported here:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=6516.0

Auto-shortening doesn't always update the tying equipment weights properly. And as the weight differs, the stacking doesn't occur.
I checked out the village yarns and they're okay, the same length pieces stacking as they should.
This is issue is luckily already found and fixed and will be in effect in the next release.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything