Topic: [Fixed - persists 3.70b3] auto-shortening tying equipment does not update weight  (Read 3667 times)

Galgana

« on: July 24, 2021, 07:47:30 AM »
I used a 15 ft piece of leather cord to build a fence and then deconstructed the fence. 2 pieces of 4-foot cords were returned but the weight for each remained 1 lb.

The leftover 7 ft piece of cord was the expected 0.5 lbs. Combining the pieces back into 15 ft resulted in a cord weighing 2.5 lbs.

edit: I encountered another issue with tying equipment. This one concerns crafting with stacks.

I wanted to use a crafting recipe that called for 60 ft of rope, for which I added the [nominlen] tag. In my inventory were 4 units in total of 15-foot leather ropes (2 decent quality and 2 fine quality). After selecting these ropes for use, the interface said it still needed 30 ft. At this point, I had no other ropes available for selection.

I cancelled the crafting menu and combined each pair of leather rope. The crafting recipe successfully accepted 30 ft decent rope plus 30 ft fine rope.

It seems that the number of units in a stack were ignored and only the base footage was taken into account.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 09:02:48 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 09:02:28 PM »
I used a 15 ft piece of leather cord to build a fence and then deconstructed the fence. 2 pieces of 4-foot cords were returned but the weight for each remained 1 lb.

The leftover 7 ft piece of cord was the expected 0.5 lbs. Combining the pieces back into 15 ft resulted in a cord weighing 2.5 lbs.

Fixed now. Persists in 3.70-beta3.

edit: I encountered another issue with tying equipment. This one concerns crafting with stacks.

I wanted to use a crafting recipe that called for 60 ft of rope, for which I added the [nominlen] tag. In my inventory were 4 units in total of 15-foot leather ropes (2 decent quality and 2 fine quality). After selecting these ropes for use, the interface said it still needed 30 ft. At this point, I had no other ropes available for selection.

I cancelled the crafting menu and combined each pair of leather rope. The crafting recipe successfully accepted 30 ft decent rope plus 30 ft fine rope.

It seems that the number of units in a stack were ignored and only the base footage was taken into account.

Please post as a separate report, with the modding code included for reproducing.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything