Topic: How to access (some of) the old invision forum messages  (Read 8401 times)

ineedcords

« on: July 04, 2021, 03:43:33 PM »
Edit: Updated in light of second post in this thread; to access old forum, simply go to https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/urwforum/ instead of the instructions below.

1) Go to this URL: https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php*
2) In the top right corner "Filter results" search box, type in "showtopic"
3) Sort by "Captures", in descending order.
4) Click on a URL to open it - preferably open in a new tab so that you don't lose the original URL list.
5) In the calendar view, click on a date that is circle-marked and then the time-of-day detail in the popup window to visit the page on that date + time.

Some of the snapshots may be "Unable to crawl page" errors but others work so you will be able to see some old posts but many are missing.
The URL in the first post reports: "1,620 URLs have been captured for this domain."

Not too practical and the pages you're really interested are most likely will be missing but for the old timers, might still be a good nostalgia run for a while!

If you have a better archived-view option, please post below.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 09:16:55 PM by ineedcords »
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Galgana

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 08:22:54 PM »
The old forums are still available under the Tapatalk domain. This migration happened after our new official forums here (though I find it distasteful that the new host begs for donations with wording that sounds like the money will go towards supporting the old forum itself even though it's supposed to be in archival mode).

Everything is mostly there, but character encoding within posts is a bit scrambled for modding content like recipes and flora add-ons.
Attached images seem to be mostly intact, though it's possible that display settings prevent unregistered users from viewing certain ones.
Some media hosts no longer carry files, but you can still download great content like Wickham's Graphical Enhancement Project.

ineedcords

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 09:15:26 PM »
The old forums are still available under the Tapatalk domain. This migration happened after our new official forums here (though I find it distasteful that the new host begs for donations with wording that sounds like the money will go towards supporting the old forum itself even though it's supposed to be in archival mode).

Everything is mostly there, but character encoding within posts is a bit scrambled for modding content like recipes and flora add-ons.
Attached images seem to be mostly intact, though it's possible that display settings prevent unregistered users from viewing certain ones.
Some media hosts no longer carry files, but you can still download great content like Wickham's Graphical Enhancement Project.
Thanks for the excellent news! First post updated.

I went by what I saw in the NEWS section of this forum which points to invisionfree.com domain which is dead.
I guess Sami/Erkka can update that NEWS hyperlink at some point to point at tapatalk domain.
( @Sami & @Erkka FYI)
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Erkka

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
Thanks, everyone!

The link in the forum news-section is now updated.
UnReal World co-designer, also working on a small side project called Ancient Savo

Dark Art

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 12:10:04 AM »
I just had to go there to read up some of the old stuff - I vaguely recall that after one of my first posts Erkka almost chased me away because we misunderstood eah other about something. Too bad I couldnt find that conversation - would've been fun to see what were we arguing about :)