Topic: Caught my Gal sleeping on the job and discovered this amazing fact!  (Read 5905 times)

Anthony Fruend

« on: May 22, 2021, 09:31:05 PM »

Why does she fit on the table so much better than she does on the bunk?

Do we gain any sleep benefit while on a tile containing a bunk?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 01:19:35 AM by Anthony Fruend »

JP_Finn

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 01:49:29 AM »
Isometric perspective makes standing south-north and laying down East-west clear if the character is upright or down.
Maybe we should switch the table and bunk orientations to match the fallen/laying down graphic better.

Anthony Fruend

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 09:26:33 PM »
Seriously though, I was asking a question up there in my attempt at comedy.

Does a sleep bonus apply while one sleeps in a bed?

Sorry for the confusion,

Happy gaming!

trowftd

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 01:27:43 AM »
I looked over the news.txt in the game files, CTRL+F "sleep" and couldn't find anything that points to a patch note mentioning an advantage. But I still make a bed and even put some skin over it as it kind of makes sense in my head in a roleplaying perspective. I would want some soft stuff to lay down on. ;D

JP_Finn

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 01:57:28 AM »
I don’t recall any bonus for sleeping on bunk vs table vs bench vs floor.
Fur and furs (8lbs, 16lbs+) give warmth bonus. You’ll get the text “sleep on fur” and “wrap yourself in furs”.
I’m not sure of exact numbers, but often during winter time, my toons pack couple forest reindeer hides on their dog(s) when heading out for trek. Rarely if ever they wake up shivering, even without a fire going.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:59:30 AM by JP_Finn »

Anthony Fruend

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 05:40:59 AM »
Thanks for making sense of how to work backstage on this game.

Now it's personally rated Awesome+ :)

I just changed out the graphics, renamed table to bunk etc.

And life moves on,

Happy gaming!
AF

Brygun

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 02:32:56 AM »
IIRC there is a phrasing somewhere that sleeping on a bunk makes you more likely to wake up vigorous

meaning higher chance of getting the best sleep

though you could just spend more time to sleep elsewhere

Matti-patti

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 07:20:01 PM »
IIRC there is a phrasing somewhere that sleeping on a bunk makes you more likely to wake up vigorous

meaning higher chance of getting the best sleep

though you could just spend more time to sleep elsewhere

I don't think I have ever woken non-vigorous unless interrupted in some manner.

trowftd

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 07:26:55 PM »
I don't think I have ever woken non-vigorous unless interrupted in some manner.

Yes, my idea is that you are less likely to be interrupted by non-threatening stuff if you sleep on a comfortable spot. But I didn't really look for it.

Apologies, I clicked edit, not reply by accidentJP_Finn
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 05:41:00 AM by JP_Finn »

JP_Finn

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 05:41:14 AM »
If there are any critters about, and your character has mediocre+ hearing, you’ll get woken up sleeping on the bunk the same as sleeping on floor or in a shelter... It would make no sense to sleep on bunk and not wake up to a Njerpez wandering into your cabin!

trowftd

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 09:38:44 AM »
If there are any critters about, and your character has mediocre+ hearing, you’ll get woken up sleeping on the bunk the same as sleeping on floor or in a shelter...

Good to know, most of the interruptions I have doesn't yield any action or an animal sight so for a long time my idea was that you get rid of these "unimportant" interruptions by sleeping inside.

Roqi

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 04:37:11 PM »
A fun goal that I rarely see mentioned is to try and hunt every single animal in game and acquire at least a decent pelt from it.  :)

anything