Topic: Is there a mod that let's you repair wool clothing?  (Read 5910 times)

d2shr6o8av

« on: March 24, 2021, 01:11:37 AM »
I'm running 3.63 (stable).
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Brygun

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 04:02:29 AM »
Yes and No

BAC allows you to dismantle an existing woven garment to have yarn and use that yarn to contribute to a new item

My view is that unlike sheets of leather knitting is a bit labor intensive and not so easy to patch together. In contrast two large pieces of leather can be sewn together quickly. Admittedly its not a perfect system as patches of knitting might be knitted together but its not quite as simple.

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 07:18:10 PM »
IIRC I used to be able to repair woolen clothing years ago with a mod.
I have URW sufficiency mod and Crafts, Roleplaying stuff and Ritual 0.7.2 - Hotfixes (Revived) bookmarked but neither seem to allow you to repair woolen clothing.
I suspect that it was the Crafts, Roleplaying stuff and Ritual 0.7.2 - Hotfixes (Revived) that allowed me to repair woolen clothing, but the OP and possibly the mod as well hasn't been edited since May 12, 2019.
Or maybe I'm having wishful memories.
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Brygun

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 06:55:48 PM »
IIRC I used to be able to repair woolen clothing years ago with a mod.
I have URW sufficiency mod and Crafts, Roleplaying stuff and Ritual 0.7.2 - Hotfixes (Revived) bookmarked but neither seem to allow you to repair woolen clothing.
I suspect that it was the Crafts, Roleplaying stuff and Ritual 0.7.2 - Hotfixes (Revived) that allowed me to repair woolen clothing, but the OP and possibly the mod as well hasn't been edited since May 12, 2019.
Or maybe I'm having wishful memories.

Bit of trivia:

Possibly the sufficient or "self sufficienct" or a derivative of it was pulled in to the mods that were pulled into the BAC. The "AC" standing for "And Community". There were sources of mods long on the forums, credited and where possible spoken with the authors. If it is then the update work in the BAC has kept it updated.

NeonSamurai

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 10:50:20 PM »
FYI repairing holes in woolens is not very difficult at all, even large holes. It is about as time consuming as knitting a new section that is a little bigger than size as the hole plus a bit more for anchoring (or in other words, it is way less work then knitting a new piece, a 1 inch diameter hole would take less than 10 minutes to darn with one wool color).

Sewn leather patching over worn holes with old woolens is also very common too, particularly on high wear areas like elbows and knees.

anything