Topic: Companions won't fell trees, why?  (Read 3244 times)

Jetsu

« on: March 21, 2021, 10:12:54 PM »
I have games on both the free versions and Steam version in which Companions, when told to fell trees, state that they will WHEN they have the proper equipment and when there are proper trees to fell.

I've given a woodsman's ax to the first one. He already had a handaxe. Still the same response. In the other game, the Companion has his own woodsman's ax. There are plenty of larger trees in both games yet neither will comply with my orders.

Does anybody have an answer as to why they refuse to work?????

Privateer

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 10:15:28 PM »
Food? Just guessing, I've not seen this when they have an Axe of some sort.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Matti-patti

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 10:45:22 PM »
I have never seen this myself, but wasn't there some kind of problem with the companions derping out when there were some bear skull totem pines around? What about animals tied to a tree?

Plotinus

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 06:12:29 AM »
I remember a few versions ago they didn't like to fell birch trees, and I don't remember if that's still the case, but you say there are plenty of trees nearby and birches are pretty rare. Can you put a screenshot?

Tom H

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 08:28:21 PM »
IF you are playing an older version, have you mounted a bear's skull (by the ritual) anywhere near where you are trying to have him fell trees? Because the older versions don't allow him to cut trees near the sacred bear skull tree.

I had this same problem a good while back and I fixed it by moving the bear skulls to a good distance away. The determination on the cause of the bug was clarified by Sami.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:30:07 PM by Tom H »

Tom H

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 08:18:58 PM »