Topic: Quest Reward Bugged?  (Read 2709 times)

Shino

« on: March 21, 2021, 10:03:09 PM »
I did one of those quests where a wounded adventurer asks you to go to a camp where he was attacked by an animal(this time a wolf) to find a valuable item he wants(handaxe) for a reward. He said he would give me sword training, but alas, upon completing the quest, nothing happened. My sword skill was still at 15%/amateur.

Anyone else have this problem? Does it just not update until you swing a sword(which I don't have right now)?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:14:14 AM by Shino »

Matti-patti

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 10:05:27 PM »
You get nothing until you go practice the said skill, yes.

PALU

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 08:29:32 AM »
As Matti-patti said (and the quest giver does as well). you don't get the benefit until you practice it "when you really need it" (if I remember the NPC's wording correctly). In practice, it seems to mean using the skill against a live target, such as a trapped bird, is sufficient. It can also be noted that this skill increase is not part of the standard training system, so you don't get any "skill increased" indication (but if you check the number before the bird assault and after you'll find that the number has been increased).

I don't know what happens if you have an outstanding skill reward for a skill and get another one for exactly the same skill, though.

Thus, you'll have to get a sword to be able to get the reward. However, I haven't heard of any indication of it expiring, so you can take your time (I believe it took my latest character a few months to get a sword to get exactly this reward, and it worked).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:32:39 AM by PALU »

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 08:31:53 PM »
Just throw a sword at a wall. That's all it takes to proc the improvement.

anything