Topic: get lost  (Read 2732 times)

Buoidda

« on: January 03, 2021, 06:16:06 PM »
...that's what I'd like to be able to do in this game.

But even if I toggle out the cultural regions, but my characters GPS navigator is way too sophisticated on the mainscreen (see picture).

I tried playing with a piece of post-it note on top of it. It became bothersome after a while, covering inventory screen etc.

So: please hide the location help when cultural regions are toggled off.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 03:35:18 AM by Buoidda »

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 09:32:28 PM »
I know Sami isn’t supporter of various modes, but to add to the “show cultural areas” toggle on the map, I’d really like to see an option during world gen to leave the cultural areas hidden until explored. Combine with optional hidden starting location: “H” for example to start with hidden start and cultural areas turned off.

1) current world gen and starting location with freely toggleable cultural areas during gameplay, when off, hide location in game screen.

2) current world gen and disabled cultural area toggle, until explored. Entering area not to show the color coded culture, only after visiting a village and seeing a person.

3) hidden world gen and disabled cultural area toggle. No cultural areas shown ever.
Edit: also, center the map on the starting location. Once hitting map edge, fix that X or Y direction on the map. So a “no GPS” character’s player can’t postulate nearest villages et cetera. (Going to check F6 and character location shown in NW of the map, it’s pretty obviously close to Seal Tribe lands, or Sartola ...)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 12:27:42 AM by JP_Finn »

paulkorotoon

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 10:14:42 AM »
But even if I toggle out the cultural regions, but my characters GPS navigator is way too sophisticated on the mainscreen (see picture).
I've developed a habit to only look there when my character is in a settlement. And when searching for another settlement, based upon info given by villagers. However, imo it's always much better to have an in-game option rather than a habit.
Biggest Russian UrW fan

anything