Topic: Lonely Settler Spawning Next to a Village With Villagers Items in My Cabins  (Read 2576 times)

Owlant

« on: December 31, 2020, 10:34:33 AM »
Win10 Steam Latest Version No Mods

If you chose a lonely settler start, and you spawn near a village, you can end up with villager items in the unfinished cabins.

I found this out from an Islander player through, starting in my own culture. I ended up with a bag of barley in my unfinished cabin. I took it thinking huh? In my inventory it said Taken. So when I visited the nearby village, they turned on me and drove me onto the ice where I died.

Trying to replicate it.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 11:24:55 AM »
It's a known issue that settling too close to a village will have the villagers treat it as part of their settlement. I don't think I've heard of that start resulting in a starting position too close to a settlement, but I guess if there's no safety check against it it will happen eventually.

I don't think there's a need to spend a lot of time to replicate the problem, as I think the cause is known.
I'd assume Sami will eventually correct me on that if he does need a save, though.

Owlant

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
I was three map tiles away from their village and I started with a barley grain bag in the unfinished hut.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 06:20:39 PM »
 It's their world, you're just moving into it.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.