Topic: Player Questing by privateer v2.4  (Read 17611 times)

Privateer

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 08:15:45 PM »

I thought there was a mixture turn in that I had not 'properly' finished.
Thanks for your notes and helping find these issues  :)

The top post download has been updated.
 URW questing has been updated to v2.3 with the fixes your listed.

//v 2.3 Fixed Sauna locations, set proper 'Energy drink' turn in, Fixed skill misspelling
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Privateer

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 11:33:19 PM »
 Top post updated to v2.4

After re-checking 'energy drink' quest for clarity and function, it didn't work as intended.
I've updated the Quest text as well as the turn in so that they should now function as intended.

Added preliminary for a new root vegetable and variable weight root vegetable roasting.
(The new flora will be introduced through/as quest reward)
Here's the readme list for v2.4

//v 2.4 Addition of roasting root vegetables in 2 lb. or less volumes.
//      Addition of carrot root vegetable to be implementation via quest reward.
//      Reset/verified the completion item and quest text for 'Energy drink' quest.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

abbo1993

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 12:44:43 PM »
Hello, I've downloaded the mod but I don't understand how questing actually work, I get this beginners token but I don't know what to do with it, I'm also using BAC perhaps this is the problem?

Privateer

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2021, 03:02:35 PM »
Hello, I've downloaded the mod but I don't understand how questing actually work, I get this beginners token but I don't know what to do with it, I'm also using BAC perhaps this is the problem?

You should see three (3) 'Make' menus named:
All manner of things, (which you see if you are getting beginners token)
Trials & Trevails, (place where all quests are) spend tokens here.
Pass the Hat, (place where quests are completed) collect rewards here.

and one (1) cooking menu:
Brewing or Quest recipes, (depending on version, where items are cooked/made/brewed)

If you don't see them it sounds like a conflict or over max number of menus
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 03:18:19 PM by Privateer »
Mods:

abbo1993

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2021, 10:39:29 PM »
I got a sauna token but what am I supposed to do with it? all the menus are in place so the mod works, I just can't seem get how this token system work.

Privateer

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2021, 11:27:46 PM »
I got a sauna token but what am I supposed to do with it? all the menus are in place so the mod works, I just can't seem get how this token system work.

Sorry if I didn't understand your situation;
1) Open "All manner of things"
  a) Select "Beginners quest token"
    i) This is a free task, hit esc then space, you now have the beginners token.
2) Go to a location eg: Settlement, village etc.
  b) Select "Trials & Trevails"
    i) Select the beginners task for where you are,
    i) You need to 'use' the "Beginners quest item" to fill one (1) of the optional line items in the task.
    i) You will get an item that will be in the valuable section of inventory. Use F1 on that item to see the quest text.
3) Once you've completed the task return to the location
  c) For beginners quests two (2) at each site, the turn in task is below the quest task
    i) For advanced quests the turn in tasks are in the "Pass the hat" menu

To get the sauna "item" you must have gone to "The sauna" menu in a settlement, and since you didn't "have or spend a Quest token" but completed the task any way a useless item is created.

Let me know if you need more assistance
Also the top post has a short video which shows the method for using this as I know it's confusing to start.
Mods:

abbo1993

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2021, 12:17:01 AM »
I saw your video, I think I might have a mod conflict because when It gets to use a quest token it says that it doesn't work for the task, I will try a clean installation and see if it works.

abbo1993

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2021, 12:32:16 AM »
Ok now it works, thanks for the answers, one last thing though, how do you earn the villagers trust? I've done 3 basic quests for them and I can't still get the quest token to do the advanced one.

Privateer

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2021, 12:39:14 AM »
Ok now it works, thanks for the answers, one last thing though, how do you earn the villagers trust? I've done 3 basic quests for them and I can't still get the quest token to do the advanced one.

There are six (6) different beginners quests. There are two (2) assigned at each type 'place'; settlement, village, and fort village.
Each quest has it's own 'unique' reward. Once you've completed all six (6) you can create the Talisman of trust 'item". Now you can free make Quest tokens.
Mods:

abbo1993

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2021, 12:45:40 AM »
Get it, so I have to complete the tasks at various settlements and villages, ok thanks for the answers again.

Privateer

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 06:23:51 PM »
Get it, so I have to complete the tasks at various settlements and villages, ok thanks for the answers again.

Yes, but specifically the two (2) in a settlement, the two (2) in a village and the two (2) in a fortress village to complete the beginners quests.

Looks like v2.4 is working properly, as I'm not hearing any issues.
Mods:

Tinker

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2021, 11:32:47 AM »
A quick question that may save me some grief.

I have the enhanced encyclopedia mod which has a very heavily modded Game.nfo file that I would like to keep, is it possible to add the changes made  in Player questing to my .nfo file? That is move everything after line 2854 and add the index entries at the top of the file, it seems like it should work.

ineedcords

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2021, 02:28:57 PM »
The Player Questing mod Ver. 2.4
<snip>
I can't like a post in this subforum but I appreciate you taking the time to create this/support it in the long run/demo it with a YouTube video.
Having just seen this, haven't tried the mod yet but it looks interesting and is my list now.

Well done!
This could be a good day to utilize your squirrels hides.

Privateer

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2021, 06:56:57 PM »
A quick question that may save me some grief.

I have the enhanced encyclopedia mod which has a very heavily modded Game.nfo file that I would like to keep, is it possible to add the changes made  in Player questing to my .nfo file? That is move everything after line 2854 and add the index entries at the top of the file, it seems like it should work.

AFAIK you could move into "a common .NFO file" Though I have not tested this, I am not aware of what if any limits are relevant for the .NFO file.
Mods:

Tinker

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2021, 09:46:43 AM »
Yes it seems to work OK, if anything pops up later I will report back.

Having a personal .nfo file will complicate any updates to Questing, EE or even the vanilla game but that is the price to pay and it not complicated.