Topic: Possible to force using tying equipment made of single piece?  (Read 4792 times)

Buoidda

« on: December 10, 2020, 08:49:17 PM »
Withes can't be joined, inheriting which I plan on abusing in my upcoming update...

But...

Is it possible to force that the tying equipment required to be of one single continuous piece?

and, while I'm at this,

Is it possible to force that the skin required to be of one single piece?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:54:52 PM by Buoidda »

Brygun

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 09:27:09 PM »
IIRC the (#) takes the entire object not caring about length

I recently made a sledgewagon which calls for =150= rope, that is 150 ft of rope. Rather than having to join them together I selected a stack of 10 of =15= rope which the game happily accepted. So I could have also offered 150 of =1= ft lengths of rope.

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 09:43:42 PM »
Not sure I understand the question. You can use weight, length and count in recipes as you know.
If you mean auto-selecting, only the quantity tag supports auto-selecting (x) if I remember correctly.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:31:23 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 11:12:53 PM »
Is it possible to force that the tying equipment required to be of one single continuous piece?

and, while I'm at this,

Is it possible to force that the skin required to be of one single piece?

I can't readily think of a way to do this using in-game mechanics, as generally the game leans toward bits and fistfuls combining to survive. Only two metrics are used/available for an ingredient; 'name' and amount or weight or length. afaik
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

JP_Finn

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • Thawed Finn in SoCal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 01:11:59 AM »
Have you tried [ask_num] with x1 multiplier?

just spit-balling here