Topic: What's Going On In Your Unreal World?  (Read 213644 times)

LoLotov

« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »
I just saw probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen in this game... I started a new guy on Not All Who Wander Are Lost, marked the location of my dead father as is my wont. Played through to about the beginning of my first winter, and am now on the Salt From the Coast objective. Went to hit up the old homestead on my way to Driik, but spotted a village nearby, and stopped to buy a dog to haul my trade goods. Dog acquired and leashed alongside my trusty draft pig, I decided to check out the rest of the town's goods. First house I checked that had anything had a bunch of food and yadda yadda, but also a pile in front of the fireplace of a bunch of mixed men's and women's clothes, some armor, TWELVE HUMAN BONES COMPRISING THREE INDIVIDUALS, AND FOUR MORE HUMAN BONES FROM FOUR INDIVIDUALS. There were also two of the dogs that had been for sale locked inside, and I know dogs eat bones now. Another house across the town had another person's set of bones in a similar set up, sans dogs. Anyone else seen anything like this..? Seems like some pretty good world generation to mark this town as also having been hit by whoever killed my papa and kidnapped my mama.

Thinking about it, there were like three villagers, but plenty of dogs and food... were they generated as having stolen this whole town by murdering the occupants? Much like myself all those times... is this the game's revenge? The dark mirror held up to my actions in this innocent world I've sought to corrupt through bloodshed and avarice? We'll never know.
Iiiiii juuuuust want to set the woooooooorld onnnn fiiiiiiiiireeeeeee.... Iiiiiiii don't want to start a flame in your heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.
And with your admissiiiiion you feeeeel the same, I'llllll have reached the goaaaal I'm dreamiiiing offfff, believe meeeeee

JP_Finn

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2021, 07:28:05 AM »
@LoLotov must be cannibals. Best to be safe and kill everyone, plunder the goods and burn it all down.  :-X

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2021, 01:45:30 PM »
It's early Center month, and it should go without saying that the weather has gotten perilous. Thankfully, I have warm fur clothing now. Bear fur! Not a full set, but enough for green warmth everywhere but head/face and neck. Drying and stockpiling huge amounts of fish really paid off. (It also cost me some other items, including a couple things I was more reluctant to part with, but it was worth it.)

Still nothing in my traps, not even the heavy deadfall trap I set up by fresh elk tracks (which was awhile back, and there's no sign of the elk anymore), until I caught sight of a lynx on the other side of the fence while fishing. Sure enough, the next morning, it was caught in a trap. Its skin is harsh quality (oops -- maybe throwing that axe at it was a bad idea), but it should still be worth a lot, as long as it doesn't get damaged more during tanning. (And winter furs are worth more, right?) I'm going to try and finally buy that silver bracelet from the nearby village so I can do the spirit of the forest quest, which has been on my quest list for three months now.

(EDIT: Seems I can't get the bracelet without giving up my hunting knife. Time to go do some bulk crafting, I guess.)

@LoLotov My goodness! I've never seen that before!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 02:12:51 PM by krikkit war robot »

rudy

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2021, 03:44:49 PM »
Its skin is harsh quality (oops -- maybe throwing that axe at it was a bad idea), but it should still be worth a lot, as long as it doesn't get damaged more during tanning.
Cool! Should still be worth 50% of a standard lynx fur, which is indeed still a lot. so definitely worth tanning.

rudy

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2021, 09:41:46 PM »
My current RP is that my main, large home island is sacred, and foreign traders are not permitted to walk upon it.

Some of them disregard the warning.

JP_Finn

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2021, 10:33:01 PM »
How did the 2 end up plain 'dead'? Lured in to water and drowned?

rudy

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2021, 10:35:31 PM »
How did the 2 end up plain 'dead'? Lured in to water and drowned?

They're all dead primarily by arrow, so not sure. Perhaps arrow to the eye does not harm the corpse?

rudy

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2021, 06:13:01 AM »
It's astounding, and a bit silly, how many critical tools and bundles of necessary grains and meat a village will trade away for a battlesword likely none of them know how to use.

JP_Finn

« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2021, 08:07:35 AM »
I feel like I’m robbing the villages when I dump off the Njerpez scimitars I keep finding in the woods and mires.
So many furs. So many punts. So many axes and knives.
So many bags of grains and flour.

Funny enough, my new character is aiming to do 1) farming 2) home guard vs Njerpez 3) some trapping for feathers. Yet half the time doing trap line runs (it’s middle of Dead Month/November) I keep getting Red Invaders, not grouse. And even my traps on this character, seem to be getting as many hares as birds. Some bunnies keep running in the traps baited with berries.

Did a side tour to a cave about day’s walk from homestead, now that there’s light dusting of snow. (I’ll post about that in the morning with screen shots)

« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »
Ran into robbers while travelling. Yikes! I tried to stealthily get away, but the robbers kept approaching, so I dropped everything I was carrying and tied my bull to the nearest tree, since as far as I know, robbers will only take things you're carrying. I also marked the location on the map so I could return for my stuff later.

One of the robbers spotted me before I could finish taking off my clothes and skis. He demanded I give up my coat, footwear, and skis. I picked up one of my knives and fought him for it... and lost. I waited several days before returning, and in the meantime made myself a new coat and footwear. (I was fortunate a herd of reindeer passed by my settlement. I trapped two of them.) I don't know how many days passed by exactly, but when I returned to the place where I was robbed and used tracking on the wilderness map, it said there were old human tracks. Old is good, right? So, I zoomed in. Sure enough, my stuff was still there, right where I'd left it.

And around the area were very fresh footprints I'd somehow missed when zoomed out. I couldn't zoom back out, so I dropped what little possessions I currently had and tried to take off my clothes too, lest I lose my brand-new fur coat. Unfortunately, one of the robbers shot at me before I could undress, and I was robbed of my coat and footwear again.

At least I know I can reclaim my things eventually. But these robbers are a pain.

JP_Finn

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2021, 05:00:14 PM »
Form posse of some hunters, woodsmen, peasants, adventurers from nearby village (after wounds healed) and go see the robbers again.

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2021, 03:26:25 AM »
Form posse of some hunters, woodsmen, peasants, adventurers from nearby village (after wounds healed) and go see the robbers again.

Returned again with two companions. One was a grandmaster with axes who killed one of the robbers in a single hit -- yay! Though... we still got defeated. Maybe I should've hired more companions. I didn't think there were more than three robbers, but it turns out I was wrong.

They'll leave eventually... right? With 79% injury, it'll be some time before I can return anyway.

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2021, 03:27:14 AM »

Returned again with two companions. One was a grandmaster with axes who killed one of the robbers in a single hit -- yay! Though... we still got defeated. Maybe I should've hired more companions. I didn't think there were more than three robbers, but it turns out I was wrong.

They'll leave eventually... right? With 79% injury, it'll be some time before I can return anyway. For now, I'm more concerned about the bird thief quest that's about to expire. (I cast the spell but the thief still hasn't confessed.)

JP_Finn

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2021, 08:48:38 AM »
The robbers might despawn, might not. They’re not as “mobile” as Foreign Traders. Leaving the generic area of the world (several regions) is likely the best bet. But even then, sometimes a robber band might be still around several months later after going to remote cabin.

JP_Finn

« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2021, 09:23:35 PM »
Moment of silliness:
Eagle owl hits capercaillie

(Didn't have anything on me except sword, broad knife, waterskin and the recently killed bird to chuck at the capercaillie.. the spot was too good to go scrounge for sticks or rocks)