Topic: If I plan to create a new character to survive in an old world, what should I do  (Read 3056 times)

甜汤

« on: August 05, 2020, 06:14:32 AM »
If I plan to create a new character to survive in an old world, what should I do?

trowftd

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 11:30:31 AM »
Hey, after your question I tried copying and pasting the world files from my active character(Not dead ones because I don't think you can restore the world files from them.). I copied the WORLD.BAK , WORLD.DAT and WORLD.PLM files. Created a new character, then copied these 3 files into the (\UnRealWorld\Your newly created character name here). You also keep your starting scenario, and if you want to also copy the weather over, I think you also should copy the WEATHER.DAT file to your newly created character.

edit: I forgot to mention, your character also keeps his/her original spawning location as far as I tested so you may encounter a problem that you might spawn in deep water when you copy the world files.

Hope I could help.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:34:46 AM by trowftd »

甜汤

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 02:52:48 PM »
Hey, after your question I tried copying and pasting the world files from my active character(Not dead ones because I don't think you can restore the world files from them.). I copied the WORLD.BAK , WORLD.DAT and WORLD.PLM files. Created a new character, then copied these 3 files into the (\UnRealWorld\Your newly created character name here). You also keep your starting scenario, and if you want to also copy the weather over, I think you also should copy the WEATHER.DAT file to your newly created character.

edit: I forgot to mention, your character also keeps his/her original spawning location as far as I tested so you may encounter a problem that you might spawn in deep water when you copy the world files.

Hope I could help.

Thanks, it is feasible, I have created a new role. My previous role focused on speed and endurance, but he was a blind man(eyesight very low)

trowftd

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 03:03:49 PM »
Thanks, it is feasible, I have created a new role. My previous role focused on speed and endurance, but he was a blind man(eyesight very low)

Good luck with your journey :)