Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.52] The Snakes of Winter!  (Read 5504 times)

Tom H

« on: March 28, 2019, 02:23:21 AM »
I have to ask if there were/are really snakes in Finland that galivant through the snowy fields? I'm presently in the 3 day of the 5 week before midwinter point and there's a snake roaming near my cabin, despite the ankle-deep snow on the ground.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:16:09 PM by Sami »

caius

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 02:27:08 AM »
I've seen them too.  Snakes on a plain!

PALU

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »
The snakes in the real version of Finland hibernate through winter, but the ones in the Unreal versions do not care about the cold (and the bears don't hibernate either).

This is more a case of an element missing in the simulation than a bug.

Tom H

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 01:39:17 AM »
The snakes in the real version of Finland hibernate through winter, but the ones in the Unreal versions do not care about the cold (and the bears don't hibernate either).

This is more a case of an element missing in the simulation than a bug.

Good point about the bears. I've trapped three in a couple of early winter weeks and was wondering when their hibernation would begin. Oh, and I finally got that snake...heh.

Saiko Kila

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 04:40:31 PM »
Snakes are rare to me (and I seek them out, because they are the best way to train Dodge), but it always make me smile when I meet them during winter. Most of snakes I meet during winter, which may or may not be a coincidence.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 08:15:51 PM »
This legacy issue with snakes has been fixed now, with some additional love for snakes which I'll post at dev.news in a few minutes.

(And at the same time, bears have been given proper hibernation as well.)

Fixed - persists in 3.52
- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything