Topic: [Fixed - persists in 3.52] Boar is named "board" when owned  (Read 4954 times)

Saiko Kila

« on: February 05, 2019, 11:00:04 AM »
Two thing related to names:
A small typo more than a bug, but "boar" (male of certain species) is named "board" under some circumstances. For example when you buy a male pig, it is named "board" when looked at or moved to (e.g. "You see a big board called Epsiloin-240 (leashed) here").

Additionally there is a crash when trying to name the animal with a special character. Specifically when trying a name beginning with ">", the game immediately exits.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 06:21:09 PM by Sami »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 06:09:00 PM »
Two thing related to names:
A small typo more than a bug, but "boar" (male of certain species) is named "board" under some circumstances. For example when you buy a male pig, it is named "board" when looked at or moved to (e.g. "You see a big board called Epsiloin-240 (leashed) here").

Whoa. This is something quite hard to believe, and can be only a situation specific mixup with string variables. Please post a screenshot so I can see the situation for myself, or better yet send a savegame.

Additionally there is a crash when trying to name the animal with a special character. Specifically when trying a name beginning with ">", the game immediately exits.

Will take a look at this. Although, usage of special characters is naturally not advised.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Saiko Kila

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 06:34:41 PM »
I've sent a file regarding the "board". As for the names it's not that important, just a possible crash. I use strange characters for strange animals sometimes, to differentiate them a bit, but don't have to use this particular char.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 06:20:52 PM »
I've sent a file regarding the "board". As for the names it's not that important, just a possible crash. I use strange characters for strange animals sometimes, to differentiate them a bit, but don't have to use this particular char.

Thx. Got it, and fixed it. (It was a weird place for a typo to occur, escaped my eyes at first.)

[Fixed - Persists in 3.52]

- Sami | UnReal World creator

anything