Topic: sight distance problems?  (Read 3566 times)

Subzero22

« on: December 09, 2018, 01:16:39 AM »
For some reason shortly after the month of August came my character can't hardly see. My vision or sight is nearly maxed out thanks to completing that tutorial thing. Before I could see really far away now it's like during the day I can only see the normal distance I would at night and at night I can only see 2-3 squares ahead of me. This goes for both the zoomed in and out of the map. I'm unable to hunt or do much of anything because of this.

I'm wondering if this is some kind of but or what as this character is the first one I have had to live this long and using a spring start as I always have but never came across this problem.

NOTE: as much as I'd love to download the newest version of the game I'm using v3.16 as I had forgotten I even downloaded this game awhile back and decided to finally try it out as I lost my internet. Using my phones Internet for now till I can get internet back.

Oh another question is how do you zoom in and out or was that implemented in this version yet as shift or was it Ctrl plus the - or + keys don't work to see more of the area.

Galgana

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 08:00:44 AM »
Visibility is naturally reduced because of nightly darkness and seasonal darkness. Summer months have more visibility because the UnReal World is set in the far north, where people in real life experience more daylight hours until reaching maximum daylight on the summer solstice on the 21st of June or thereabouts. Then visibility is gradually reduced until maximum darkness on the winter solstice on the 21st of December. It's a feature, not a bug. :)

The calendar of the current version divides seasons by fantasy month names, and the seasons are divided by the natural equinox and solstice events. One of the post-v3.16 updates introduced actual night time visual effects, but this is easily disabled on the ini configuration file.

Zooming: you use your mouse's scroll wheel or ctrl plus -/+

Subzero22

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 02:30:41 PM »
Visibility is naturally reduced because of nightly darkness and seasonal darkness. Summer months have more visibility because the UnReal World is set in the far north, where people in real life experience more daylight hours until reaching maximum daylight on the summer solstice on the 21st of June or thereabouts. Then visibility is gradually reduced until maximum darkness on the winter solstice on the 21st of December. It's a feature, not a bug. :)

The calendar of the current version divides seasons by fantasy month names, and the seasons are divided by the natural equinox and solstice events. One of the post-v3.16 updates introduced actual night time visual effects, but this is easily disabled on the ini configuration file.

Zooming: you use your mouse's scroll wheel or ctrl plus -/+

Thanks you and also for the other RL info as I didn't even think about that.

Is it just my game that's somehow bugged or was the zoom in/out feature with Ctrl plus -/+ not implemented? Even tried the scroll wheel on my mouse and didn't work ;(

anything