Topic: How to burn npc alive?  (Read 7547 times)

BurnforGods

« on: October 23, 2018, 06:25:14 AM »
I had a little argument over a village and had to neutralize most of the villagers. After a brawl I found a grievously wounded old man and I decided to send him to the god directly and put fire on him. But somehow he moved away with his broken limbs and refused my kindness i tried to enclosure him with fire, but he moves away faster than I can put last fire. I tried to enclosure him with fire except one space, put a fence on that space, steped on the fence and put fire on him, but he managed to crawl onto the fence. I put enough firewood on him and enclosed him with fire but it seems like fire does not spread on the tile he is on. Is there a good way to burn this guy alive?

JEB Davis

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 01:29:33 AM »
Yes. My suggestion is to try a different game.
This game is not intended as a venue for homicidal maniacs, lol.

That being said, what human would allow someone to pile wood
around them and burn them alive?  (Other than one of those monks
in orange robes over in India.)

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 01:42:55 AM »
Maybe if you put him in a pit, then push fire material into/onto the pit.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

BurnforGods

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »

Well I made sure they are completely immobile, but thank you for sharing your opinion.

BurnforGods

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 09:54:34 AM »
Maybe if you put him in a pit, then push fire material into/onto the pit.
I'll try doing it when it become spring, since I can't dig in winter.

JEB Davis

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 03:21:08 AM »

Well I made sure they are completely immobile, but thank you for sharing your opinion.
It's all good. We all enjoy the game in our own way. While I've not tried the method you're using, there have been times when my character went berserk and senselessly homicidal.
 :)

Bedlam

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
Thanks BurnforGods (lol) for one of the funniest things I've read today.
URW cooking overhaul - the Njerpez Cookery Mod v1.01!
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?topic=1106.0

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 03:27:05 PM »
Maybe if you could corral him in a building, light it on fire and repeatedly close the door as he attempts to open it?

Labtop 215

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 11:26:16 PM »
I think burn damage may only affect your character, but I've literally never been burned in-game (unless frostbite counts), so I don't know.  Presumably fire injuries happen when and as fire spreads from multiple tiles of wood.  Kind of like the same way that you would set up for creating a farm field.

ModernNorseman

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 10:05:46 PM »
I think burn damage may only affect your character, but I've literally never been burned in-game (unless frostbite counts), so I don't know.  Presumably fire injuries happen when and as fire spreads from multiple tiles of wood.  Kind of like the same way that you would set up for creating a farm field.

Yup. Can confirm - flames can spread to your tile and burn you when burning off fields  :D

*EDIT* That is, if you have plenty of wood on the tile. With 3 branches, it won't catch fire like that.

PALU

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 11:31:36 PM »
Yes, it can spread to a tile with 3 branches as well (although when my character got burnt I was actually cutting branches, so there was a pile at the feet, but spontaneous spreading to 3 branch tiles is a thing as well).

It can be noted that as far as I've seen, it's safe to light a fire under the feet of a dog, as it will move out of the way (sometimes it moves onto the tile as you're trying to set it on fire, but that's safe as well).

ModernNorseman

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 06:18:21 PM »
Yes, it can spread to a tile with 3 branches as well (although when my character got burnt I was actually cutting branches, so there was a pile at the feet, but spontaneous spreading to 3 branch tiles is a thing as well).

It can be noted that as far as I've seen, it's safe to light a fire under the feet of a dog, as it will move out of the way (sometimes it moves onto the tile as you're trying to set it on fire, but that's safe as well).

Well I stand corrected. Sorry for spreading fake news. I have never experienced that, if the surrounding tiles are also three-stacked branches. However, I've observed it, if the surrounding tiles are filled with more timber, such as free-standing trees and such :)