Topic: The Massive menu Module  (Read 9767 times)

Privateer

« on: August 09, 2018, 06:48:39 PM »
********NOTE: You have to be logged in to see the downloads*************

A blank template, which is easily editable by whoever chooses.
It seems to create a large amount of real estate. Here's the jist;

Defines the additional 18 (eighteen (19 with z)) unused default menu space allocations.
Defines location for up to 25 items/tasks/crafts per menu

This layout provides for all base menus and items to be unchanged while adding a logical
format to add 18 top level menus each with up to 25 tasks

That's up to 450 items/tasks that can be added with some level of order.

Here's how it works;
Placing the menudef file (menudef_priv-maxmake.txt) in the unrealworld directory will enable all 25 top level menus.
All the new menus will be blank until you place a task at the line in the associated menu
file. You can open the menudef_priv-maxmake.txt file and add // in front of any line to hide it.

//Here's how I see it working. Using a clip from the menudef_priv-maxmake.txt
//and from the diy_menu-a.txt files;
---------------------------------
//
//Game Used letters BCLTRUW
.Menu a. -A- *MAKE*

[SUBMENU_START:Menu a]

.Menu a Item 1.

.Menu a Item 2.

.Menu a Item 3.

//Renaming the line in menudef_priv-maxmake.txt
.Menu a. -A- *MAKE* -> to -> .My Items. -A- *MAKE*

//This will change the top level menu display to My Items
//
//In the diy_menu-a.txt file change eg;
-----------------------------------
[SUBMENU_START:Menu a] -> to -> [SUBMENU_START:My Items]

.Menu a Item 1. -> to -> paste a valid recipe over this line

.Menu a Item 2.
[SUBMENU_END:Menu a] -> to -> [SUBMENU_END:My Items]
--------------
[SUBMENU_START:My Items]

.Firing pot. "Wooden cup" [effort:3] [phys:arms,one-armed] [noquality] *TIMBERCRAFT* /90/ %20% |-1| [patch:4]
{Birch-bark} [remove] [patchwise]
{Block of wood} [remove] [patchwise]
{Axe} <Carving axe>
{Knife}

.Menu a Item 2.
[SUBMENU_END:My Items]
---------------------------------------

//Setting the [SUBMENU_START, and [SUBMENU_END lets the game know the menu display name
// and boundaries.
//Overwriting ".Menu a Item 1." with a valid recipe will make the task appear on
//the sub menu.

//The submenu ".Menu" named tasks will not populate until a valid recipe in put in.
//Your configured menus should survive UnRealWorld update(s) as no original files or names are used or changed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:59:50 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

shorun

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 02:43:02 AM »
this has to be part of the main game!

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:00:41 PM »
If I understand what you made, would I be able to create a "Favorites" menu where I can have my most used recipes?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:21:23 PM by d2shr6o8av »
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 09:13:03 PM »
If I understand what you made, would I be able to create a "Favorites" menu where I can my most used recipes?
Yes you can.
Note: You can not "duplicate" vanilla recipes in alternate menus without either changing the name of the item produced or removing the vanilla recipe (to avoid name conflicts).
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

d2shr6o8av

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »
If I understand what you made, would I be able to create a "Favorites" menu where I can my most used recipes?
Yes you can.
Note: You can not "duplicate" vanilla recipes in alternate menus without either changing the name of the item produced or removing the vanilla recipe (to avoid name conflicts).

I'm using the following mods:
bees_mead_v3_5
cheese_mod v1.0
coop v3.5
diy_fcuts
fishfarm_v3_5
Nydxz Crafts 0.7.1 - Smith learning
woodstack_v3_5

and all 25 slots in the Handcraft Options are being used.

Is there a way to add a new skill called "Favorites" that I can alt+d to quickly access the recipes within?
Hoarder of hungry dogs.

Privateer

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 10:17:16 PM »

Is there a way to add a new skill called "Favorites" that I can alt+d to quickly access the recipes within?

Creation of new skills is not supported.
Mods:

anything