Topic: Chicken coop for the homestead  (Read 15871 times)

Privateer

« on: May 13, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »
********NOTE: You have to be logged in to see the downloads*************

Bird Coop
Get eggs at home
Simple little mod that adds the ability to get eggs at home. You need some wood parts, and (5) eggs to try to hatch. The set timer is 45 days, after that you can get eggs.
Being at the coop and feeding your birds will result in eggs. The only control mechanism is the amount of raw feed. It just didn't feel like home without a coop.

The tasks are listed under the lumber menu and use timbercraft and cooking skills for building and harvesting respectively.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:08:37 PM by Privateer »
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

princebunnyboy

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 03:28:00 AM »
You need some wood parts, and (5) eggs to try to hatch.

What eggs work? Tried hazel grouse eggs but it didn't accept them?

Privateer

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:22 AM »
Thank you and sorry for the mistake. I've fixed the download, but you can fix your installed version.
A wildcard is needed for the egg ingredient.
Open the diy_coop.txt and change;

{Egg} (5) 'Eggs to hatch' [remove]

to this:

{* Egg} (5) 'Eggs to hatch' [remove]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:04:23 AM by Privateer »
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

shorun

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 04:33:38 AM »
what types of food do they accept as food, and what is the nutrition value of the eggs?

can i use the eggs in cooking?

and perhaps some new recipes are in order? i'm thinking boar-cuts with eggs here. or eggs with vegtables.

Privateer

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 05:09:49 AM »
what types of food do they accept as food, and what is the nutrition value of the eggs?

can i use the eggs in cooking?

and perhaps some new recipes are in order? i'm thinking boar-cuts with eggs here. or eggs with vegtables.

They eat "raw ingredients" which should cover just about any raw food item. As to the value of eggs I am not sure, it's set inside game.
Eggs can be cooked or eaten raw, and could be added to recipes.
Mods:

Petike

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 04:48:00 PM »
Bird Coop

Nice little mod. :)

As a newbie to mods for the current iteration of URW, I'd like to ask if the code from the "diy_coop" .txt file needs to be inserted into the "diy_glossary" .txt file or whether the "diy_coop" should just be dropped into the main URW folder, among the other files ?

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 07:27:50 PM »
Bird Coop

Nice little mod. :)

As a newbie to mods for the current iteration of URW, I'd like to ask if the code from the "diy_coop" .txt file needs to be inserted into the "diy_glossary" .txt file or whether the "diy_coop" should just be dropped into the main URW folder, among the other files ?

You can just place the file(s) to URW folder, and drop the images (Truetile folder) into the image folder
Mods:

Petike

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »
You can just place the file(s) to URW folder, and drop the images (Truetile folder) into the image folder

Thank you. I've already tested it before noticing your reply. It seems to be working fine. Unfortunately, I found 7 grouse eggs with my character, but had him carelessly eat 3 of them. Now I can't build the grouse coop because I need just 1 egg to build it. :D I suppose I'll have to look around the island I'm stuck on.

anything