Topic: 4 robbers  (Read 6010 times)

shorun

« on: June 20, 2018, 03:09:53 AM »
while building roads on the homestead field,
laying stones and gravel to make the weeds yield
a group of robbers with handaxes they wield.
battle ensued, bull raging, ram ramming, dogs biting, javelins flying.
and now, only a whisper remains of the robbers for whom there is no crying.

the end result? a wounded cow, a wounded ram, 2 wounded dogs.... and 4 burning robbers.

https://i.imgur.com/fGNfOrC.jpg
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:13:41 AM by shorun »

davidor

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »
you are really unlucky to have robbers visiting your home

shorun

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 03:21:05 PM »
you are really unlucky to have robbers visiting your home

in a way, yes. that is bad luck.

on the other hand, my bull and ram did sort of save me here since they chose to enter by climbing the animal pen (real fucking stupid move on their part), so thats lucky. and they had a crapload of linen and wool wich i need to turn into cords and other stuff, wich is very lucky. they also carried some tools that i traded for several other tools that i lacked, so thats lucky. they also had about 30 arrows on them, thats lucky to.

all in all, this unlucky event was actually a very good thing, they came just in time and with the right stuff.

i usually stay away from people or obvious paths in the game, this is the first time i've build my cabin in a cultural zone. next to a mayor river. i've had many wild animals passing, mostly reindeer, elk and hares. even a single wolf that kept comming back. i think i'm on a migration path or a travel route.

hardly any visits in winter when the ice is good, but now the ice is melting and i get these visits again.

i'm considering moving to an island nearby for summer seasons, now it happend when i was awake and ready. it could also happen when i'm dead tired and sleeping.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 03:26:26 PM by shorun »

PALU

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 08:59:38 PM »
Well, you DO have the option of surrendering, although I don't know what happens if you gets kicked out of your own homestead... I suspect you'd have to set up shop elsewhere until they leave, or try to sneak in, grab stuff, and hire a posse to eliminate them.

Robbers can spawn on islands as well... and it's a pain to have to use water craft to get back and forth, in particular when there's enough ice to block craft travel, but it's too thin to bear your weight.

caius

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 04:33:01 PM »
I'm interested in your homestead design. 
  • Where did you homestead?  In a clearing?  Take over an existing village?
  • Did you built a wood cabin interior so you could build a bench next to a cellar and then deconstruct the walls?  Ever think of modding a bench that can be built outside?
  • Why the roads?  Cosmetic?
  • How do you use the rooms/buildings?  It looks like you have a crafting room with tables and benches, a sleeping room, and a room with a loom.  Do you have a sauna?  Where do you smoke meats?
  • Where are the animals kept?  Do you keep the dogs in the big open fenced area where you can see them?  Do they ever enter the buildings?

shorun

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 03:28:20 AM »
I'm interested in your homestead design. 
  • Where did you homestead?  In a clearing?  Take over an existing village?
  • Did you built a wood cabin interior so you could build a bench next to a cellar and then deconstruct the walls?  Ever think of modding a bench that can be built outside?
  • Why the roads?  Cosmetic?
  • How do you use the rooms/buildings?  It looks like you have a crafting room with tables and benches, a sleeping room, and a room with a loom.  Do you have a sauna?  Where do you smoke meats?
  • Where are the animals kept?  Do you keep the dogs in the big open fenced area where you can see them?  Do they ever enter the buildings?

east kaumoleiset, by a mayor river.

my cellars are safe now, thanks to traps and spears.

the roads are mostly for decoration, but be warned, the fire for the farming also burned the roads. stone roads. thankfully, the fire stopped before it tore trough the buildings. needless to say, no more roads on the field. so i've started building a road to the nearest town. it's a time sink and when finished it will be nice. it's a pritty big town and not to far away.

the animals are kept in the left-bottom section, that's where they came over the fence.
there are a cow, a bull, 2 adult female sheep, 1 young female sheep, 1 ram, 1 female dog, 1 male dog.
the cow and bull now have a seperate pen.
they are not supposed to enter the buildings. the building does serve to "trap" them in case one does get behind my back, a safety measure so they dont run away

anything