Topic: api-ms-win-crt-stdio missing  (Read 12173 times)

tedomedo

« on: July 07, 2017, 11:23:25 AM »
I'd like to try urw 3.4 but i don't have api-ms-win-crt-stdio. I thing i should have visual c++ 2015 but i can't install it because i don't have update KB2919355 which i can't install either. I downloaded this .dll and moved it to both system32 and syswow64 but no effect. On some websites i see that i should perform cmd commands %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /i api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll and %windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll so that copying this api'.dll file to sys'32 and 64 folders will work. I don't want to do this without someones confirmation.

Or just give me a link to an urw version for visual c++ 2013.

Saiko Kila

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 12:49:12 AM »
I'd like to try urw 3.4 but i don't have api-ms-win-crt-stdio. I thing i should have visual c++ 2015 but i can't install it because i don't have update KB2919355 which i can't install either. I downloaded this .dll and moved it to both system32 and syswow64 but no effect. On some websites i see that i should perform cmd commands %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /i api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll and %windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll so that copying this api'.dll file to sys'32 and 64 folders will work. I don't want to do this without someones confirmation.

Or just give me a link to an urw version for visual c++ 2013.

Have Visual C++ 2015? What for? You only need the library to be accessible. You can do it the way you described. If something stops working after registering the libraries, you can always unregister them by adding "/u" switch, like this for example:
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u /i %windir%\System32\api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u /i %windir%\SysWoW64\api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
You need to use command line console (cmd.exe) with heightened privileges, i.e. administrative. It is also possible it will work without the "/i" switch. What operating system it is, by the way?

dkoor

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 12:45:06 PM »
Had a prob with this on windows 7 and nothing helped untill switch to win 10.

tedomedo

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »
I tried command "%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u /i %windir%\System32\api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll", but it didn't work, i got message that my downloaded api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll is not good, valid or something like that. A stupid question: can you save urw in visual studio 2013?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:36:25 AM by tedomedo »

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 09:12:20 PM »
This thread at old forums might help:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=8393

...all the necessary .dlls are installable on Windows 7, but it probablt requires all the service packs installed. (The current Windows version is actually built on Windows 7.)
- Sami | UnReal World creator

tedomedo

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 11:48:45 PM »
I have win 8.1 64 with included .net framework 4.5 and older versions. Since this .net is part of windows installing pack, i don't see it in programs and functions and thus can't uninstall it there. I know i can download software to uninstall or repair it but i don't care. I play 3.30.
The only thing i want to know is if skills and formulas for skills values in 3.40 are different that in 3.30.

Sami

• UnReal World creator
  • Administrator
  • UnReal World creator
    • View Profile
    • UnReal World
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 11:15:26 AM »
I have win 8.1 64 with included .net framework 4.5 and older versions. Since this .net is part of windows installing pack, i don't see it in programs and functions and thus can't uninstall it there. I know i can download software to uninstall or repair it but i don't care. I play 3.30.
The only thing i want to know is if skills and formulas for skills values in 3.40 are different that in 3.30.

There's no difference with skill formulas. You can always checkout/modify ini_skills.txt at will.

On the other hand quick google / youtube search provides tons of results for how to fix api-ms-win-crt-stdio missing from your computer, so you're not alone there.
- Sami | UnReal World creator

Saiko Kila

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 07:00:49 PM »
There's no need to have Win 10, by the way. I run UrW on Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (I'm probably one of the last users of this system), have required library installed by something else (I've got 500 programs, so don't know exactly what installed this), and everything works splendidly. I suppose some of newer patches broke dependencies somehow, it wouldn't be a first time.

Generally, it is usually fixed by installing vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe, whatever applicable, which in turn is performed by almost any Windows game when installing (if you have Steam and install a lot of games it is happening all the time). It is possible to uninstall the VC redistributable, just run the exe manually and select Uninstall.

anything