Topic: Legacy Characters  (Read 13325 times)

averious

« on: June 28, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »
Are there currently any legacy characters going around? If not, who all would be interested in starting a new legacy game?

Plotinus

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:14:11 PM »
I still have the characters. Helena, Xena and Kamputuuri are still around. Been meaning to set it back up but never finding the time.

averious

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »
Well count me in for sure if you're going to set it up, I've been hankering to play.

Kaleva

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 08:46:14 AM »
What is legacy game? Whats this?

averious

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 11:34:03 PM »
What is legacy game? Whats this?
Basically there are a few different characters that get passed person to person. Once you have the character you play for a month as them before handing it off to the next player.

Dungeon Smash

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 05:49:20 PM »
sounds fun!

Plotinus

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 08:04:40 PM »
we have an IRC channel on freenode.net You can /join ##urw

once you do, if you were previously a player in the legacy game, like averious, say "urwbot, legacy back". If you're a new player, do "/msg urwbot legacy join youremailaddress" where youremailaddress is where you want us people to send a zipped character folder (tends to be about 4-10 MB).

The IRC channel is fairly quiet these days but there are still a bunch of people that regularly come in and if you start a conversation someone might reply.

I haven't migrated the IRC instructions from the other forum, but they were here: http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=4579

If you don't have a program like mIRC or pidgin or whatever the cool kids are using these days you can go to https://webchat.freenode.net/ to connect from a web browser. There are more detailed insrtuctions at the old forum link though!

toxoide

• Honorary Lifetime Supporter
  • ñam, galletas :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 08:54:30 PM »
also, the game was one moth "in-game" time, was fun to pass a lumberjack and got back a hurt warrior with a tanning bearskin!

Plotinus

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
We've finally got this back up and running! @averious , there's a character waiting for you, davidor sent you a link in IRC and on the forum too.

If anyone else is interested in joining the fun, let us know.

Plotinus

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 12:20:37 PM »

anything