Topic: Animals Spawning at Rapids  (Read 8772 times)

codyo

« on: August 17, 2017, 07:18:05 AM »
I thought I've read animal spawning behavior was changed so they do not pop up at rapids. I never had an animal spawn withing my homestead before as far as I can tell.
Because I just noticed this. I've built my cabin along the shore of some rapids and I was away from it for one night. Then I came back to find an elk within one of my traps.

Judging from the tracks the Elk spawned within my fence, 2 tiles from the shore. It made its away across my courtyard (southeast to the northwest corner) to a trap.

The tracks lead from that shore to here.

Has anyone seen this behavior in the latest version? Or could this be an animal spawning from traps being in the area? Either way, this bothers me because the trap-fence was meant to keep big animals/humans out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 07:22:12 AM by codyo »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 01:54:07 PM »
I've certainly had big animals spawn inside both my trap fence surrounding a single tile lake, the trap line surrounding my homestead, and the one surrounding my farm plots, and this for a homestead bordering rapids. When it comes to Njerps, they can recognize trap lines and proceed to disable the traps (I had one that knocked out about two dozen traps, snuck past my charancter's back when he restored a trap (I saw something move in the corner of my eye, and later saw the foot prints), to disable another half a dozen traps. I did eventually kill him, though. I've also (with an earlier character) been invaded by robbers who waded through freezing cold water to climb my fence bordering the lake rather than the fence lined with traps on the inside. Unfortunately they didn't seem to be bothered by the cold, but somehow my character actually managed to kill them all in a desperate fight literally at the doorstep of the house.

anything