Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug reports / Re: teleported to field
« Last post by JP_Finn on Today at 07:08:41 AM »
True, there’s some quirky behavior when it comes to passed NPCs belongings. Sometimes even slender logs are ‘village property’ yet at other times they’re “free for the taking”

I tend to pick up things, then drop, tab unpaid, to see if the villagers believe I owe something. Or alternatively chat with villager and choose trade. If they tell you that they don’t have anything to barter, or they want you to pay for the goods picked up; is good choice too.

Since last few versions, the villagers tend to prowl several hundred yards/meters from their village, if they drop anything, you pick it up and bee line to the village: the villagers will get livid and call you out on “do not dare to try to leave with those goods”… when you’re returning them to the village.

Thankless bastards.
« Last post by Plotinus on Today at 06:59:14 AM »
Most of this sounds like the normal punishment for stealing, the villagers attack you to try to get you to give their stuff back -- a long time ago the clothes of dead villagers were not marked as village property but this was fixed many versions ago. and ifyou still don't drop it,they'll try to knock you unconscious and throw you out of the village (teleporting you, just like when the robbers knock you unconscious)

But you're saying maybe you got teleported when the villager man entered a trap and maybe he lost consciousness?
« Last post by JP_Finn on Today at 06:57:39 AM »
Any chance you saved, copied and compressed the save game there and then?
Bug reports / Re: Spotting, getting noticed, by unconscious NPC
« Last post by JP_Finn on Today at 06:54:20 AM »
I’m not sure we’re on the same page here.
I don’t recall seeing yellow text or “death blow is possible” ever.
Most of the time getting big game, moose (alces alces (elk (cervus canadensis)is sort of taxonomy misnomer:) is British English error) or bear unconscious, it’ll take 10+ axe poll hits to skull to kill the animal.

I thought alternate target option was all there was. Instead of head-body-arms-legs, you get to target skull-neck et cetera. I don’t recall other options of the unconscious as game animals get ‘skull’, Njerp and robbers get ‘neck’…
Bug reports / teleported to field
« Last post by Kouvostoliitto on May 18, 2024, 06:34:47 PM »
I took the two clothes of the boy who fell into the trap and died. The woman noticed it, and demanded that I come back with the things I took. I started walking towards the southern border of the village, where there was a trap, because the others had been triggered, and there was no time to start fixing them.
When stepping past the trap, the villager man following me, stepped into the trap, causing the program to "crash". The other half of the field of vision turned into empty terrain, and soon the program teleported me to a field, on the east side of the village. After this, the game seemed to work normally. 0_o
Finally, I found out why that function failed for me. It turned out to be a software I used before causing the problem (it deals with keyboard input, so it all makes sense). If it hadn't been for the SDL library update of the game somehow exposing the issue, I could have never noticed it. So, thank you, UnReal World and devs.
That software *hijacked* this key combination and set it to the top priority for itself system wide.
And if anyone suffers from similar problems, I hope my story can help you or at least provide some thoughts. You can try:
I missed the two updates and was playing v3.82 all the time due to this problem. Now I can finally enjoy the game with the new content. But still, it makes me wonder why UrW was not influenced by this problem before while the whole system was.

Excellent! Very good to hear this.
This might discovery might be valuable information also to contribute at SDL2 bugs forums/tracker.
The system dependent oddities with SDL are the evidently the most trickiest to discover by the library maintainers, and users.
« Last post by Sami on May 18, 2024, 03:38:48 PM »
The hare was still unconscious as the character moved 2 more tiles and then killed the hare with the axe’s poll with a perfect hit to its skull.

Ah, so there was the "Deathblow is possible..." etc. additional information in yellow text shown when selecting attack aspect?
Bug reports / Re: Double fire
« Last post by JP_Finn on May 18, 2024, 06:50:51 AM »
Just emailed you the save game.
Happy bug hunting!
« Last post by JP_Finn on May 18, 2024, 05:40:42 AM »
The hare was still unconscious as the character moved 2 more tiles and then killed the hare with the axe’s poll with a perfect hit to its skull.
Glad you figured it out!
I do detest any non-documented features/hijacking programs with a vengeance.

On that note, I tend to reinstall operating systems every 2 years after ensuring backup is current; repartition, format. 
Used to do clean re-install every year, but I don’t run too many odd projects these days.
Caveat: I have an old ‘08R2 server (installed 2015ish) SDRM recorder running in the laboratory (garage) still, without one re-install. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything