Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ok, so I want to address the "small bunch", and take it as you will. Modders are definitely a minority, and in some games those who use mods are also a majority. The main goal of mods should be to increase a players play time, so they remain engaged with the game. I think that's something BAC achieves, but as stated every update is a potential issue and not just for this mod, the collisions can happen with small mods too, leading to confusion for players who are not modders but use mods. I'm also not convinced that the figure stated about mod downloads really expresses the number of users who have likely used BAC over the lifetime of the game let alone other mods. This really isn't just a conversation about BAC, it's a question of how can we make the CREATION of mods easier and also make the USE of mods easier, to extend the playtime of the average player, isn't it?

I agree that it doesn't solve all ills, but it seems like a good relatively low cost option compared with the alternatives and better design ideas (like having an item identifier system that allows preloading/overlapping/replacement as stated). Is it a good use of developer time? Well that's a question I think we'll disagree on, but I think the potential improvement to the average player engagement time might be worth it, not just for BAC and current mods, but for future users making new mods that may be easier to maintain and therefore longer lived. Things like BAC do not occur commonly in a lot of larger modding communities because of how difficult it becomes to maintain, so any barrier is a problem.

You're also likely not going to get a TON of interaction on this thread because a) a lot of people are interested but don't know enough to contribute to the discussion, even some modders since modding here is so simple they don't need to know any programming at all, and b) people ebb and flow to this game, picking it up and putting it down often so the number of active people isn't always high, I tend to look only when there's an update and if I like it I play it for a few months and I know others do to. Something to consider.

Thanks Brygun for BAC all these years and thanks Sami for the game. Appreciate you both very much.
Same here. You can break from the conversation, initiate chat again and he’ll still end in the endless loop.
Bug reports / Re: [3.84] a very large spring
« Last post by Sami on May 28, 2024, 11:47:41 AM »
Ah, it must be so that for migrated villages all the water tiles within the village area are converted to spring water. No need for a save, will fix.

(As a curiosity large spring based ponds/small lakes do exist and in regards to their water origin they can be still considered springs.
 But yep, in the game we've got only small ones.)
Bug reports / Re: Grinding flour
« Last post by Sami on May 28, 2024, 11:23:16 AM »
Yep, the container mechanics are quite clumsy here (also).
The changes would require to select the container to grind into in a bit different way so that it's capacity could be determined.
After that it could be asked, depending on the container capacity and/or selected foodstuff to grind, how many lbs to grind.
Hmm. Gotta consider the optimal way to approach this.
Gameplay questions / Re: Antlers and bones
« Last post by Fineland on May 26, 2024, 06:37:43 PM »
I recently got a fine pair of Reindeer antlers and was wondering if there was any way to hang them to the walls of my cabin.

There’s no dedicated mechanic to apply them to your cabin, but you can push them in to a wall tile.
Tried that out and I am satisfied with this. Thanks alot dude.
« Last post by JP_Finn on May 26, 2024, 05:36:53 PM »
I recently got a fine pair of Reindeer antlers and was wondering if there was any way to hang them to the walls of my cabin.

There’s no dedicated mechanic to apply them to your cabin, but you can push them in to a wall tile.
« Last post by Fineland on May 26, 2024, 03:16:48 PM »
Bug reports / [3.84] a very large spring
« Last post by Plotinus on May 26, 2024, 09:33:25 AM »
Kari, a migrated character, is visiting a village which on the shore of a lake. The parts of the lake that overlap the village have been changed to a giant spring. I can provide a save if needed.

Mod Releases / Re: HUNterHUN's Vivid Backgrounds
« Last post by Cavanoskus on May 24, 2024, 03:56:36 AM »
Is this still available? The download doesn't seem to work anymore.
Mod Releases / Re: Vivi's Skill Training
« Last post by Vivi001 on May 23, 2024, 03:36:50 PM »
Ding Ding! This is a bump to announce the mod has been updated to add Netmaking and Bowyer skill training into the game~ Enjoy!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything