Topic: Short Questions/Quick Answers  (Read 108889 times)

June_June

« on: August 13, 2017, 05:43:27 AM »
There's a post like this on the previous forum, and I thought it might be nice to start a new one for simple questions and answers.

Is there a way to set up macros in URW to automate tasks? I'd like to stand over a big pile of meat and cords and process the cuts in small batches.

PALU

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 09:45:54 AM »
I'm not aware of any macro functionality, but I very rarely use macros.

There are a few reasons I wouldn't recommend zipping off a macro to process all meat/cords:
- Processing takes time, and meat spoils over time. Thus, I keep all meat not for immediate use in the cellar.
- Processing takes time so you get hungry/thirsty/tired.

I generally grab two cords and 38 cuts of meat to process two batches of 19 (maximum number) cuts before returning to get more. Every second such trip I also top up the food (I try to keep the nutrition level at the maximum, even if it means over consuming food a little). For the last batch I might grab 57 cuts instead and process 3 lots.

garettzriwin

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:20:21 AM »
Where debuffs from sweating start and how big are they? Are there any debuffs for cold temperature except being woken up during sleep and frostbites in more extreme cases?

Privateer

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 07:23:12 AM »
Where debuffs from sweating start and how big are they? Are there any debuffs for cold temperature except being woken up during sleep and frostbites in more extreme cases?

There are no debuffs from heat (except fire), Cold does have some level of debuffs, numbness, frostbite (injury), shaking etc.
To help is it's own reward.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

PALU

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 09:35:07 AM »
I've had at least one case of hypothermia where my character started to get confused from the cold.

garettzriwin

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 09:48:49 AM »
I've had at least one case of hypothermia where my character started to get confused from the cold.
Its warning you will die very soon if you don't get warm. I don't think it does debuff us somehow if sweating does not though.

Privateer

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 06:12:27 PM »
Its warning you will die very soon if you don't get warm. I don't think it does debuff us somehow if sweating does not though.

Depending on what you mean by "debuff" and having been in situations where I'm trying to get wood and light a fire while "hypothermia" is setting in.
Feels like the second biggest debuff behind and enemy "behind" you.
Mods:
https://www.unrealworld.fi/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=attach;u=10 Player Quests, Arrow quiver, Bee hives honey & mead, Massive menus, Fish Farmer, Combat trainer, Player made markers, Weaving, Wood stacks, Chicken coop Fish cuts, string&bone.

LoLotov

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 09:19:46 PM »
Definitely not as severe as hypothermia, but I think that if you've been Sweating a Lot for too long your fatigue goes up faster... thought I noticed it a long time ago so I'm careful to not get too hot. Its probably not real, but I'll start watching for it.

I also have a very quick question, should I murder a lone old man for his two buildings and 5 field tiles? He doesn't even own a knife...
Iiiiii juuuuust want to set the woooooooorld onnnn fiiiiiiiiireeeeeee.... Iiiiiiii don't want to start a flame in your heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrt.
And with your admissiiiiion you feeeeel the same, I'llllll have reached the goaaaal I'm dreamiiiing offfff, believe meeeeee

Privateer

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 10:19:27 PM »
Definitely not as severe as hypothermia, but I think that if you've been Sweating a Lot for too long your fatigue goes up faster... thought I noticed it a long time ago so I'm careful to not get too hot. Its probably not real, but I'll start watching for it.

I also have a very quick question, should I murder a lone old man for his two buildings and 5 field tiles? He doesn't even own a knife...

Spoiler: show
There is currently no ill effect of heat in the game thru v 3.40 [stable]

Lone settlements are easy prey, as long as there is no road to other settlements.
Mods:

caius

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 09:48:33 PM »
How long does it take for human bodies to decay?  Do they every "go away" on their own?

spamgoose

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »

Lone settlements are easy prey, as long as there is no road to other settlements.

Do roads have some effect on this? I've noticed neighbouring villages sometimes know my evil deeds, but never thought to consider whether there was a road factor.

PALU

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »
How long does it take for human bodies to decay?  Do they every "go away" on their own?
As far as I've seen there is no such thing as natural decay (of any bodies). However corpses CAN be eaten, but it doesn't seem to happen often (as bodies tend to just lie around for years). It's been mentioned that starving dogs eat corpses (including human ones), but to do that you need to starve the dogs first (which, apart from animal cruelty, involves keeping up with constant barking), and I've experimented with feeding Njerp and robber corpses to the carrion birds (i.e. raven), to some effect. It takes something like 3-5 raven "sessions" to eat a Njerp corpse completely, leaving nothing left, but it's not that easy to get them to feast.

garettzriwin

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »
How training cap works right now? Is it some invisible xp bar with set max xp cap like few years ago, or its restricted to 1% per day or something like that?

Privateer

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 11:29:18 PM »
Still 3% (ticks) per day per skill afaik
Mods:

June_June

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
Still 3% (ticks) per day per skill afaik

Is a tick a successful use of a skill?