Topic: Kaumolaiset to drik Board makeing GET RICH FAST (outdated mostly)  (Read 35849 times)

Tom H

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 01:04:56 PM »
 There are now limits on the amount of pawboards the villagers will accept, too.
 You can trade staffs and javelins. I've never traded these in large enough numbers to test if there's a limit to how many villagers will accept. Primarily, I trade these for cords and snares.
 I suggest, if it's possible, to save any dried/smoked meat your character starts with to trade for cords and snares. Start fishing right away and barter with any excess fish before they spoil.
 Felling trees, to get blocks or boards, to make bowls or traps seems to take more time than is profitable for a beginning character's effort.   

Mata Hari

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 11:38:09 AM »
Boards are still an important source of income for new players. If they use fallen tree trunks (found in every forest tile), they save a lot of time.
If you have a metal axe (not stone axe):
- find a fallen tree trunk
- make boards
- sell as many as you can
- make paw-board traps
- sell as many as you can

It really helps new players, yet it's much more balanced than before. I am guilty of this myself, I remember one character who wanted to buy every single item in a rich Driik village and who took down enough trees to have his name cursed by the spirits forever...
All in all I think board value should be reduced to 2 cuts instead of 8, it would make much more sense. At the moment, you turn one board worth 8 cuts into a paddle worth 4 cuts, but this is just my personal taste.