Topic: Water Folk dont visit  (Read 674 times)

Mikado8686

« on: February 23, 2024, 04:05:29 AM »
Hello its been 4 nights in a row that i have tried, they just dont visit, as far i understood this qualify as a valid spot according to another forum post i saw

yes im naked, in fact i got nothing on inventory, i click wait to pass the night, i dont fall asleep
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 04:08:47 AM by Mikado8686 »

PALU

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 07:13:39 AM »
Looks like a valid spot to me. Spirits don't appear 100% of the time, in my experience, but four failures for a first meeting seems too much (repeat sessions can take many attempts, as they're probably tired of you). Also, I think it's important to start the waiting process in time, i.e. before the point of the night specified, although I'm not certain that's a factor.
In your case the partial screen shot mentions midnight, and if that's all it says (rather than before midnight, or something like that), then you should start during the previous time segment, in my experience (at least I've had more success with that timing, possibly 100% failure when starting during the specified time period).

Plotinus

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 07:44:58 AM »
if you examine it with 'l' does it says base rock or does it say crag? if it says crag, it won't work.

Also I've found that there's some luck to it, some spots are better than others. It's easier in a rapids tile or a ford where there are lots of these, i can try a different one each night until it works

Mikado8686

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 09:19:48 AM »
Well i never examined it, but then i got tired and went somewhere else, i did examined it and it was a rock this time, the spirit visited the first night

And theeen i forgot to save and had to use a backup, and fount another spot, this was also a rock

So what im getting at, if it doesnt work the first nights, find another spot, or verify its an actual rock since the first one i fount was apparently not, thanks

JP_Finn

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 07:20:11 PM »
Also dismiss companions and pen or leash animals 3 wilderness tiles away.

Bert Preast

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 12:54:30 AM »
Just done this quest, but I am not sure I completed it.  I was holding down the waiting key when the water spirit appeared, and by the time I realised he was there he had already dived under the water.  I do have "You feel strong presence of the spirits" in my message log, but I have now waited a day and in the F2 quest log it still says that the quest was assigned 31 days ago, and expires in 59 days.  The quest shows in black rather than the green of completed quests.

Will it complete when the timer finishes, or have I cocked things up and should look to try it again?

PALU

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 09:52:30 AM »
The spirit quests aren't completed until you've reported back to the quest giver, so you should return to him to see if he recognizes the quest as performed. If not, you'd have to try again.

My guess is that it has been performed, as spirit quests usually involves keeping your mouth shut. You've obviously missed out on the feedback you'd received from looking at the spirit's appearance and what it said, but I don't think that's vital.

Note for the future: Instead of pressing the wait turn key, you can locate the command to wait (I don't remember what it is off the top of my head). When something happens (such as the appearance of a spirit or noteworthy animal) you'd be notified.

JP_Finn

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 05:27:11 PM »
I think the wait until interrupted key is keypad - (minus or dash)

Bert Preast

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 11:30:59 PM »
Thank you Palu, all that was needed was to return to the quest giver.

anything